draccan

Buffer overrun problem (and laptop, no XP cd)

Not sure about the combination thing.

I just tried to run LSPfix.exe. It found some errors but I clicked next before writing them down and now they are gone. But after doing it, I strangely do not see the wireless connection icon (that before had the yellow exclamation mark) in the bottom right corner. It is gone. It is still in "network places" and still have the yellow exclamation mark.

Draccan, please directly answer the following questions:

1) You either have a modem and a Linksys router, OR your Linksys router is BOTH a router and a modem. In other words, do you have 1 or 2 internet boxes with lights on it?

2) Is the laptop currently connecting to the internet by wire, or are you using another computer to write these posts?

Draccan, please directly answer the following questions:

1) You either have a modem and a Linksys router, OR your Linksys router is BOTH a router and a modem. In other words, do you have 1 or 2 internet boxes with lights on it?

2) Is the laptop currently connecting to the internet by wire, or are you using another computer to write these posts?

1. I have a linksys router only, as mentioned above. I wrote clearly: "We use a router only. It is a Linksys router.". I have also stated which version.

2. I am using another computer to write these posts. As also mentioned above I have three other devices who with no problems can connect to the Internet.

ANYWAYS, as mentioned above, LSPfix solved the problem. After a reboot it actually worked!

HEY - GREAT!!

A reboot after LSPfix actually helped and it is now connected to the Internet!!

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Great program (LSPfix) by the way! I have to remember that one..!

You wrote that post while I was writing my previous post.

I'm glad that you're up and running.

Notes to consider:

1) SAS has a built in LSP fix. I suggested it a few posts ago, but you had already uninstalled SAS.

2) Given all information, there is no logical way that SAS caused the issue.

Anyway, enjoy the net again:)

You wrote that post while I was writing my previous post.

I'm glad that you're up and running.

Notes to consider:

1) SAS has a built in LSP fix. I suggested it a few posts ago, but you had already uninstalled SAS.

2) Given all information, there is no logical way that SAS caused the issue.

Anyway, enjoy the net again:)

Thanks again.

Just a note, since SAS caused me and my wife to be locked out of opening the laptop it only seemed reasonable to remove it once the proper DLL file was renamed and I again had access to the PC.

My guess is that it was Ubuntu which changed something that made the Internet go down, but I can't know for sure. So in a simple cause and effect Ubuntu is probably the sinner. But since I was only using Ubuntu to get access to my PC after SAS broke it down, then whose to blame?

Anyways problem solved and that's all that matter..

cheers