Sign in to follow this  
useport80

uninstaller for portable scanner?

hey all,

since the SAS pro 64bit isn't completed, i've decided to NOT install SAS at all. my friend wanted me to scan his flash drive yesterday morning, so i decided to use the SAS portable scanner. i downloaded the client, updated it, and did a custom scan on his drive. and today i noticed in my system event log these entries, which concerned me since the SAS portable scanner shouldn't have permanently loaded these drivers into my system. i would assume that a portable scanner would not leave any type of registry entries behind. these errors are similar to the ones we get when trying to run previous versions of SAS on a 64bit system.

about 3-4 weeks ago, i even ran the sas uninstallers to make sure i didn't have anything lingering. i was assuming the 64bit version was gonna drop soon, so i wanted to prepare by cleaning my system and removing all SAS related stuff. i ran both the uninstallers and reboot each time. my system hasn't had any error messages until yesterday at 11AM.

im on a win7 64bit ult.

Error #1:

-------------------------

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

SASDIFSV

SASKUTIL

Error #2:

%localappdata%\Temp\SAS_SelfExtract\SASDIF has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

Error #3:

%localappdata%\Temp\SAS_SelfExtract\SASKUT has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

i ran both uninstallers and they did get rid of the error messages for me.

im just surprised the portable scanner left permanent changes to my machine.

They are NOT harmful at all. We will be adding reboot cleanup for the portable scanner in the near future.