Sign in to follow this  
gspal

The size of files getting bigger with newer versions

While Free version 4.27 had gotten to the size of 25MB till a week ago until I upgraded to version 4.35, it now is 31 MB and would grow bigger over time as updates get added. Simply because you have made it an all-in-all with all language support together with support for Windows 7 and Vista. I have Windows XP Professional SP2 running on AMD Athlon 64 2.01GHz 1GB RAM. What with my medical transcription softwares running on the same along with MS Office, AVG Free 9 and Anti-Malaware 1.47, Firefox 3.6 and all the Windows update, I have little room to flex myself. Could this version not be made a bit smaller for English(US) only?

While Free version 4.27 had gotten to the size of 25MB till a week ago until I upgraded to version 4.35, it now is 31 MB and would grow bigger over time as updates get added. Simply because you have made it an all-in-all with all language support together with support for Windows 7 and Vista. I have Windows XP Professional SP2 running on AMD Athlon 64 2.01GHz 1GB RAM. What with my medical transcription softwares running on the same along with MS Office, AVG Free 9 and Anti-Malaware 1.47, Firefox 3.6 and all the Windows update, I have little room to flex myself. Could this version not be made a bit smaller for English(US) only?

Hi Gspal.

Having "selective" updates for an antimalware program is not only impractical, but dangerous.

The size of SAS is minuscule compared to your hard drive's storage space, and the other programs you mentioned.

If you're concerned about speed, SAS takes up very little processor and memory usage.