Sign in to follow this  
carlcuper

How to Pick an Antivirus Product?

Determine if you already have security software installed on your PC. Many times, you can upgrade to the 2008 version by simply downloading some files or having a new CD-rom sent to you. Call your security software provider or contact customer service via email.Know your PC. A huge step to take in choosing the right security software product is knowing what hardware versions work with which antivirus products. Do a little research online to see which products host software for your individual PC.Save money by going for a product offering a 2-3 user license. This allows your family members to utilize the software on their PC's as well.Consider your individual needs. If usability and easy installation is most important to you, go for a simplistic, user-friendly software product as opposed to one with multiple features.

This VB100 testing RAP (reactive and proactive)table printout should help you choose.

http://www.box.net/shared/ay4jr8vqya

And from what I see the answer is clear. 3 toppers: G-Data - 94.7%, Avira - 92.3%, Kaspersky - 92.2%

Noting that G-Data and Kaspersky are quite brutal on resources it leaves you with lightning fast Avira.

This VB100 testing RAP (reactive and proactive)table printout should help you choose.

http://www.box.net/shared/ay4jr8vqya

And from what I see the answer is clear. 3 toppers: G-Data - 94.7%, Avira - 92.3%, Kaspersky - 92.2%

Noting that G-Data and Kaspersky are quite brutal on resources it leaves you with lightning fast Avira.

IMO, VB data is meaningless on several levels.

i've always had great luck with bitdefender. top 3 for me are bitdefender, kaspersky, and nod32. they seem to be top 3 year in and year out, but thats probably some biased review.