Sign in to follow this  
Jewels

Real-Time Protection

I've tried various anti-virus products and security programs (one at a time obviously), and I've read on their forums (like Norton's) that enabling SAS's Real-Time protection will conflict with their own protection. I'm wondering whether it's safer for me to disable it.

I run Norton Internet Security 2010 and SAS PRO (realtime) with no problems whatsoever. I haven't heard of any of the main AV programs or suites that actually do conflict with SAS PRO. I also run Avira Premium Security Suite V9 and V10 with SAS PRO and again no conflicts. I'd leave SAS PRO realtime enabled. I seriously doubt that you will run into any conflicts.

I have used SAS Pro in real time with Avira, F-Secure, and KIS. I have not experienced any conflict. I also run MBAM real time and it does not conflict with SAS.

Regards,

Jerry

Thanks for the responses. I also don't experience any perceivable conflict, although I've always worried about possible underlying conflicts that may reduce the efficacy of both programs without notice.

Thanks for the responses. I also don't experience any perceivable conflict, although I've always worried about possible underlying conflicts that may reduce the efficacy of both programs without notice.

Then what you do is create exclusions for the exes and dir of each program thus your AV doesn't scan SAS exe, drivers or dir. And if your AV doesn't allow this level of control, get a new AV program. I've suggest Eset NOD32 and have been a user for almost a decade. SAS and NOD32 is a fantastic one two punch against malware in terms of realtime protection.

Welcome to the SAS forum Hiropro.

Then what you do is create exclusions for the exes and dir of each program thus your AV doesn't scan SAS exe, drivers or dir.

Your knowledge is noted, however said knowledge is not relevant, nor productive for the poster.

And if your AV doesn't allow this level of control, get a new AV program.

99% of the population have no idea of what you're talking about.

I've suggest Eset NOD32 and have been a user for almost a decade. SAS and NOD32 is a fantastic one two punch against malware in terms of realtime protection.

Now we're getting somewhere.

I have used SAS Pro in real time with Avira, F-Secure, and KIS. I have not experienced any conflict. I also run MBAM real time and it does not conflict with SAS.

Regards,

Jerry

I use Superantispyware and have it on 7 computers and ALL my clients computers- Pro and or Free, some of them are running AVG, some are running Avast, Some MSE and some Avira and none of them conflict with Superantispyware. You just have to remember to not set a scan if you are using the Pro version at the exact same time as the AVG program. Give them a t least a 3-4hour leeway, then you will have no problems.

robin