Sign in to follow this  
jimlarkey

No Disk in Drive

The "No Disk in Drive" error popup prevents unattended sheduled running of SuperAntispywarePro v4,34,0,1000.

• Prior to scan, I've ejected the disk, with Win Explorer.
    I've got the drive unchecked in SuperAntispywarePro setup.
    I've encountered this problem with USB thumbdrives, and Win Expl eject solved problem.

So how can I mask the CD/DVD drive so that SuperAntispywarePro will run unattended?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jim

The "No Disk in Drive" error popup prevents unattended sheduled running of SuperAntispywarePro v4,34,0,1000.

Prior to scan, I've ejected the disk, with Win Explorer.
    I've got the drive unchecked in SuperAntispywarePro setup.
    I've encountered this problem with USB thumbdrives, and Win Expl eject solved problem.

So how can I mask the CD/DVD drive so that SuperAntispywarePro will run unattended?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim - have you tried simply rebooting the system? That clears the Windows drive cache that causes this problem - it's really not an "error", but Windows sometimes gets out of sync with mounted devices and they "appear" to be active when they are not - a reboot typically resolves this issue.

Thanks, I'll try the reboot next time....a 8 minute process on my PC and requires my physical presence (not unattended). But if it works, it will be worth it on future scheduled scans. I'll be sure to let you know if it works or not.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks, I'll try the reboot next time....a 8 minute process on my PC and requires my physical presence (not unattended). But if it works, it will be worth it on future scheduled scans. I'll be sure to let you know if it works or not.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim.

An 8 min cold start time is excessive.

Anyway, this thread raises a serious computer issue. Many computer users rarely restart their computer, but rather rely on on Hibernation, Sleep, or Standby mode. Such modes are not a "restart" and won't apply certain program updates...which are often "critical".