beejpowers

"Too many installs", will it happen again

I bought the full version of SAS a while ago.

I was kinda cycling through computers at the time because I was at the end of life of a number of them that I still had and was cobbling parts together, making it work until I could get an actual NEW computer. Every time one wold die, I would strip it for parts and make something else. But I would put on SAS on each one. When I finally got to a NEW computer, I went to put SAS on and it told me that the activation key had been used too many times. I did not realize I needed to unregister each box when I killed it. So I managed to get the last laptop running long enough to "unregister" or release or whatever the term used was and then successfully install SAS on my new computer.

If I uninstall the 32 bit and install the 64 bit, will I run into that again?

When the uninstall runs, does it release the activation code for use again?

Is there a way to clear my log of installs at SAS HQ? I only have it running on one living machine, and the HDD that had it are all storing MP3s now...

Thanks

I was kinda cycling through computers at the time because I was at the end of life of a number of them that I still had and was cobbling parts together, making it work until I could get an actual NEW computer. Every time one wold die, I would strip it for parts and make something else. But I would put on SAS on each one. When I finally got to a NEW computer, I went to put SAS on and it told me that the activation key had been used too many times. I did not realize I needed to unregister each box when I killed it. So I managed to get the last laptop running long enough to "unregister" or release or whatever the term used was and then successfully install SAS on my new computer.

Is there a way to clear my log of installs at SAS HQ? I only have it running on one living machine, and the HDD that had it are all storing MP3s now...

Thanks

You can use the "Transfer Product License" option on Preferences>Help tab before you uninstall the 32-bit version. That should release the activation stats so that you can install the 64-bit version without any problems.

Thanks

Submit a support request here and we can clear the key:

https://www.superantispyware.com/csrcreateticket.html