DooGie

Vundo/Variant-X32[Header]

I just ran a full scan with SAS 4.90.1018 on Windows 7 x64.

The scan showed these 2 files as adware.

Adware.Vundo/Variant-X32[Header]

C:\ANDY\DIAGNOSTICS\EVEREST ULTIMATE EDITION\EVEREST_XPICONS.DLL

C:\ANDY\DIAGNOSTICS\EVEREST ULTIMATE EDITION\EVEREST_ICONS.DLL

I believe this to be a false positive. The files are part of Everest Ultimate Edition version 5.30.2054

I just ran a full scan with SAS 4.90.1018 on Windows 7 x64.

The scan showed these 2 files as adware.

C:\ANDY\DIAGNOSTICS\EVEREST ULTIMATE EDITION\EVEREST_XPICONS.DLL

C:\ANDY\DIAGNOSTICS\EVEREST ULTIMATE EDITION\EVEREST_ICONS.DLL

I believe this to be a false positive. The files are part of Everest Ultimate Edition version 5.30.2054

Hi Doogie.

When the SuperAntiSpyware scan completes, you can highlight the suspected files and click "Report False Positive". The SAS team will then investigate and make changes if necessary.

Hi Doogie.

When the SuperAntiSpyware scan completes, you can highlight the suspected files and click "Report False Positive". The SAS team will then investigate and make changes if necessary.

Now reported, also the latest definition update Core 4696 Trace 2508 has fixed this :)

Now reported, also the latest definition update Core 4696 Trace 2508 has fixed this :)

I received the following

and it was residing in C:\WINDOWS\U2X00_32.DLL

I actually told SAS to remove it, and SAS asked for a re-boot, during the re-boot I noticed that windows said that it was updating it's files.

I have a feeling that this too is a false positive as the date on it's properties was 1999.

However perhaps I am receiving this on my SAS due to the fact I am using windows 98 and SAS program version 4.24.1004.

I have restored it back to the C:windows folder, I decided to re-boot due to it wanting to re-boot when SAS listed it as being Adware, but during the second re-boot I didn't notice another windows message to say that windows was updating it's files again, should I have not seen this when I restored it back?