Firesong

Problem removing Antivirus Soft

I have the free version of SAS. I was on the internet and got hit with Antivirus soft. I immediatly ran SAS and it found five infected files which were then removed. It appears that all is well EXCEPT the internet is blocked. What else do I need to do to fix that? Thanks!

If you have 32-bit Windows, have you tried the Repair tools within SAS?

- Go to Preferences>Repair tab

- Your Winsock may be damaged. Run the "Repair broken Network Connection (Winsock LSP Chain)"

- Reboot and see if the Internet is now accessible.

- If not, run the other Repair items that are related to the Internet....one at a time and then test.

You are really lucky that you've been able to remove the problem. I cannot access ANYTHING with the laptop after infection from Antivirus Soft!!! And you're right, it flits from file to file and opens browsers which cannot be accessed or closed, etc.

We have the SAS professional version (paid) on 2 computers. My husband got infected this morning. I shut down the wireless on his, and submitted a support ticket to SAS. The reply was that they couldn't help me unless they could scan the computer online (my husband's laptop), which by result of this infection cannot access the Internet, or anything else for that matter. It hijacked SAS at the start, so I can't run it.

What if I shut the computer off? Will that help oor hurt the situation?

Can anyone tell me somewhere else to get the fix without spending money we don't have? Up til now I've been very happy with SAS and recommended it to many people. I thought this, in conjunction with Avast, would keep us safe... wrong-o.

Who are these infantile nuts who waste so much of our time with their stupid games (viruses, etc.)that cost us so much time and money? (Sorry for this last rant, it's just that no one seems able to catch the perps.)...

Can anyone tell me somewhere else to get the fix without spending money we don't have? Up til now I've been very happy with SAS and recommended it to many people. I thought this, in conjunction with Avast, would keep us safe... wrong-o.

Wrong-o is right.

Despite what you have heard (and are now experiencing), antimalware software just helps with the issue, but by no means solves it.

Who are these infantile nuts who waste so much of our time with their stupid games (viruses, etc.)that cost us so much time and money?

It's all about money.

The typical Trojan Horse infection is designed to get your credit card information.

If you require further help, please post a new topic.