kayslover

Update Definitions on multi user PC

I has SAS Pro on my machine and have 2 users defined on it.

I have noticed that when 1 of the users updates to the latest definitions, it doesn’t automatically updated the definitions for the other user (i.e. I have to log on to the other user and download the same definitions).

Is this supposed to happen or is there something wrong.

My version of SAS is 4.0.1138 and the definitions were last update on the 3rd March 2010.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I has SAS Pro on my machine and have 2 users defined on it.

I have noticed that when 1 of the users updates to the latest definitions, it doesn’t automatically updated the definitions for the other user (i.e. I have to log on to the other user and download the same definitions).

Is this supposed to happen or is there something wrong.

My version of SAS is 4.0.1138 and the definitions were last update on the 3rd March 2010.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

If you are running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7, you should update your SAS PRO to the latest V4.34.1000. The version you have now is very, very old. Many enhancements have been incorporated since. Because your version is so old, I recommend that you do the following to upgrade.

1. Be sure that you are signed on with an account that has full administrative privileges.

2. Go to the link below and download the SAS Uninstaller Special Assistant. Save it on your desktop.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

3. Completely close down SAS PRO.

4. On your desktop, double click on SASUNINST.EXE and run the uninstaller. A system reboot will occur.

5. After the reboot, you can delete SASUNINST.EXE from your desktop.

6. Go to the link below and download/install the latest SAS PRO V4.34.1000

https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

7. During the installation, register and activate the new version with your PRO license

8. Set up your desired Preferences

9. Run the Update to ensure that you have the latest updates.

If you are running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7, you should update your SAS PRO to the latest V4.34.1000. The version you have now is very, very old. Many enhancements have been incorporated since. Because your version is so old, I recommend that you do the following to upgrade.

1. Be sure that you are signed on with an account that has full administrative privileges.

2. Go to the link below and download the SAS Uninstaller Special Assistant. Save it on your desktop.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

3. Completely close down SAS PRO.

4. On your desktop, double click on SASUNINST.EXE and run the uninstaller. A system reboot will occur.

5. After the reboot, you can delete SASUNINST.EXE from your desktop.

6. Go to the link below and download/install the latest SAS PRO V4.34.1000

https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

7. During the installation, register and activate the new version with your PRO license

8. Set up your desired Preferences

9. Run the Update to ensure that you have the latest updates.

I have done what has been suggested, namely, uninstalling, rebooting, re-installing to the latest version and I am still experiencing the same problem that I described, where each user has to update the definition files.

Any reason as to why this may be caused?

I have done what has been suggested, namely, uninstalling, rebooting, re-installing to the latest version and I am still experiencing the same problem that I described, where each user has to update the definition files.

Any reason as to why this may be caused?

If you have definitions that are different on different accounts, we are addressing that issue in an upcoming release.

If you have definitions that are different on different accounts, we are addressing that issue in an upcoming release.

Can anyone advise when the above will be addressed?