Standeb

SAS, check for updates every 8 hours.

Hello all,

I have been using SAS Pro for just about two years. I love this program. In many cases my system is not on for very long hours, except on weekends.

I have the function "Check for updates every 8 hours" checked but for the life of me that never happens. I have to manually check for updates.I have been searching the forums for a solution but have not come up with any. It seems that function never works. Can I have some assistance in getting that function workable.There are other problems but I choose to do this first.

Thanking you in advance.

standeb.

Hi.

Please be sure you're running the latest version of SAS. On the bug icon in the system tray, right click and choose "Check For Updates".

If that doesn't work, close SAS from the system tray, right click on SAS's desktop icon, then choose "Run as Administrator" (For Vista and Window's 7 only).

BTW- what version of WIndow's are you using?

Hi.

Please be sure you're running the latest version of SAS. On the bug icon in the system tray, right click and choose "Check For Updates".

If that doesn't work, close SAS from the system tray, right click on SAS's desktop icon, then choose "Run as Administrator" (For Vista and Window's 7 only).

BTW- what version of WIndow's are you using?

Hi Seth,

Thank you for your reply date=' '13 March 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1268486818' post='15615'].

I use SAS Pro 4,3,1000 - System ID 54844. I usually check for updates and do receive them but this is manual, is'nt it? I believe that the updates should come automatically since that feature is ticked in my preferences.

Hoping that this information will help you ID the situation with a view to a solution.

Thanking you for your continued assistance.

standeb

You're welcome.

What version of Windows are you running? For Vista and Window's 7, try the following:

Close SAS from the system tray, right click on SAS's desktop icon, then choose "Run as Administrator".

Also note that just because SAS checks for updates every 8 hours, it doesn't mean that an update is available every eight hours.

You're welcome.

What version of Windows are you running? For Vista and Window's 7, try the following:

Close SAS from the system tray, right click on SAS's desktop icon, then choose "Run as Administrator".

Also note that just because SAS checks for updates every 8 hours, it doesn't mean that an update is available every eight hours.

Hello Seth,

Re: Seth: date='13 March 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1268502808' post='15617']

Many thanks for your reply thread My apologies for not stating my operating system. I run Windows XP Pro. SP3. I've got Avast home Anti Virus and SAS Pro running, the free version of Malwarebytes, Spyware Blaster and Windows firewall.

I hope that this information will help. I am aware that an update is not available every 8 hrs. It's just that It never happens so I have to update manually. It also happens with the notification "Warn me if I have not updated in 2 days".

Meanwhile please accept my greatful thanks for your continued support.

Standeb.

Well, I doubt the updates are being blocked by other software, as you're not getting any messages saying such, and you can update manually.

At this point, I would do the following:

1) Write down your SAS license key, then transfer the license.

2) Uninstall SAS with this uninstaller: https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=47, then reinstall the Pro version.

If that doesn't work, then please submit a customer support request and the SAS team will assist you further.

https://www.superantispyware.com/csrcreateticket.html

Well, I doubt the updates are being blocked by other software, as you're not getting any messages saying such, and you can update manually.

At this point, I would do the following:

1) Write down your SAS license key, then transfer the license.

2) Uninstall SAS with this uninstaller: https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=47, then reinstall the Pro version.

If that doesn't work, then please submit a customer support request and the SAS team will assist you further.

https://www.superantispyware.com/csrcreateticket.html

Hi Seth,

Re: date='14 March 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1268575202' post='15626'

Thanks again for your assistance. You have been very patient and professional. I must tell you here that my copy of SAS is a download. I do not have a cd. I do not know how to get to the installer for the purpose of re-installing the same so I am being just cautious here. I do have my program key and can transfer and do the uninstall but I think the re-installation may be a problem. So I think I should submit a customer support request as suggested in your reply. Do you agree?

In stark reality, I am a newbie of of sorts to some of theese things. Can you advise?

Thak you again as I await your reply.

standeb

Hi Seth,

Thanks again for your assistance. You have been very patient and professional. I must tell you here that my copy of SAS is a download. I do not have a cd. I do not know how to get to the installer for the purpose of re-installing the same so I am being just cautious here. I do have my program key and can transfer and do the uninstall but I think the re-installation may be a problem. So I think I should submit a customer support request as suggested in your reply. Do you agree?

In stark reality, I am a newbie of of sorts to some of theese things. Can you advise?

Thak you again as I await your reply.

standeb

We'll get it figured out:}

You don't need a SAS cd...but you might want to print out the following:

1) Transfer the license by right clicking the SAS icon in the System Tray (the bug icon to the left of the time), then choose "View Control Center (Preferences/Options).

2) Choose "Help", then click on the option to transfer the license. This tells SAS that you're a paid user and just reinstalling SAS.

3) Click on the following blue link to download the SAS uninstaller:

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

4) Save it to the desktop, then double the icon to run it.

5) Restart the computer, then go to www.superantispyware.com and download the Pro version.

6) Once SAS is installed, right click on the bug icon to the left of the system time and choose "Register/Activate"...then enter your product key.

We'll take it from there.

Best wishes.

1) Transfer the license by right clicking the SAS icon in the System Tray (the bug icon to the left of the time), then choose "View Control Center (Preferences/Options).

2) Choose "Help", then click on the option to transfer the license. This tells SAS that you're a paid user and just reinstalling SAS.

5) Restart the computer, then go to www.superantispyware.com and download the Pro version.

6) Once SAS is installed, right click on the bug icon to the left of the system time and choose "Register/Activate"...then enter your product key.

Best wishes.

Hello Seth,

Re: date='14 March 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1268603789' post='15639'].

Gee that was quick. Thank you for the reply with instructions. I have a meeting to attend and will get to carrying out those instructions so soon I am done. I shall post back to let you know the results.

Thanks again and

Best regards.

standeb.

Seth, thanks for all of your assistance - as Seth indicated, if the above does not work, please submit a support request and we can see what's going on and assist you!

Best wishes.

Hello Seth,

I did the reinstallment as instructed and customized the program. All pertinent functions have been checked. Now the only thing I can do is wait to see what happens. I shall post back after a period of observation to let you know the results.

You are indeed an exemplar in this forum. It is refreshing to know that there are people like you. I have visited a few forums and have noted that there some who show sheer arrogance. Thank you so much.

Best regards,

standeb

Seth, thanks for all of your assistance - as Seth indicated, if the above does not work, please submit a support request and we can see what's going on and assist you!

Hi Administrators,

Re: 'SUPERAntiSpy' date='15 March 2010 - 05:36 AM' timestamp='1268631416' post='15647'].

I have read your reply at caption and thank you for the same. SAS is a program I liked from the very beginning when I saw it being recommended to many by moderators at Cnet Computer Newbies Forum just about two years or more. I observe that you have been monitoring the forum post. That's great work. I will post a report to you should the problem persist. Meanwhile to Nick, and the whole team as well as Seth, Thank you very much.

standeb.

Hello Seth,

Gee that was quick. Thank you for the reply with instructions. I have a meeting to attend and will get to carrying out those instructions so soon I am done. I shall post back to let you know the results.

Thanks again and

Best regards.

standeb.

Hello Seth,

As you would have observed I took some time in observing the program's behaviour during the last week or so. To date I have seen no evidence of automatic updates. I have however received manual updates. I have a full scan scheduled for 11:00 a.m. today. In touching base with you is to let you know that I will be ticketing support centre.

Meanwhile I thank you for your kind assistance and will post back to let you know the end results.

standeb.