Sign in to follow this  
grandmere

Firewall questions

i WAS ASKED BY MY FIREWALLL IF WANTED TO ALLOW :BOOT SAFE ,2,0,0,1000 AT START UP . IT IS LISTED JUST BELOW SUPERANTISPYWARE, IS IT SAFE TO ALLOW/ SCANS SEEM TO WORK VERY WELL WITHOUT BOOT EXE ALLOWED . PLEASE ADVISE?

i WAS ASKED BY MY FIREWALLL IF WANTED TO ALLOW :BOOT SAFE ,2,0,0,1000 AT START UP . IT IS LISTED JUST BELOW SUPERANTISPYWARE, IS IT SAFE TO ALLOW/ SCANS SEEM TO WORK VERY WELL WITHOUT BOOT EXE ALLOWED . PLEASE ADVISE?

BootSafe allows you to easily re-boot your PC in to safe mode with a number of options, WITHOUT network and/or internet access or WITH network and/or internet access.

If you click on Start then Programs and under SUPERANTISPYWARE on the dropdown menu you will see BootSafe. If you just click on that it will bring the options screen up and you will be able to see what it does.

Yes it is safe and your firewall will allow internet access if you choose the internet access option so it is safe to allow if that is ever needed.

The only time you will probably need to boot in to safe mode is to remove stubborn malware that cannot be removed when windows is operating fully.

HTH