Sign in to follow this  
Szyfer

Antivirus Soft Live Virus

I am having issues with a very simple virus that, as I have seen on other forums, it is Antivirus Live, Antivirus Soft, etc. Any clue of the files that are unpacked with this virus? Registry Keys? Etc.?

VIRUS DESCRIPTION: Pop-up windows prompt you to download an Antivirus Software, stating that your current antivirus software is out of date and is not being effective. There are pop ups stating that Win32 has infected the computer, and that other random and misc. viruses are infesting the computer. The virus shuts down every Antivirus software (AVG, Norton, McAfee, etc.) and will not let you open MSCONFIG, Control Panel, and other Windows programs. Pop up ads for adult sites and prescription drugs then start popping up.

The only fix that I have found so far is to hit MSCONFIG on startup before the startup processes begin. I shut down all start up items and the pop ups and warnings are now gone.

I would like to know which files specifically are associated with this little pest. If anyone has that information, I thank you greatly. Would just like to know what I am working with here.

(**Note: SUPERAntiSpyware was the only thing that removed this virus from my computer. I now have a friend who has this POS virus and we are just wondering what the files are that are causing the mayhem.)

Thank you all in advance.

Hi -

The MBAM Forum has a section called 'Self Help' and includes methods to remove A/V Soft, A/V Live, as well as 30 or more similar infections (with their free version) and you can do the same removals with SUPERAntispyware 8) -

If I have a problem with one I can use the other, as both are great antimalware programs -

I am having issues with a very simple virus that, as I have seen on other forums, it is Antivirus Live, Antivirus Soft, etc. Any clue of the files that are unpacked with this virus? Registry Keys? Etc.?

VIRUS DESCRIPTION: Pop-up windows prompt you to download an Antivirus Software, stating that your current antivirus software is out of date and is not being effective. There are pop ups stating that Win32 has infected the computer, and that other random and misc. viruses are infesting the computer. The virus shuts down every Antivirus software (AVG, Norton, McAfee, etc.) and will not let you open MSCONFIG, Control Panel, and other Windows programs. Pop up ads for adult sites and prescription drugs then start popping up.

The only fix that I have found so far is to hit MSCONFIG on startup before the startup processes begin. I shut down all start up items and the pop ups and warnings are now gone.

I would like to know which files specifically are associated with this little pest. If anyone has that information, I thank you greatly. Would just like to know what I am working with here.

(**Note: SUPERAntiSpyware was the only thing that removed this virus from my computer. I now have a friend who has this POS virus and we are just wondering what the files are that are causing the mayhem.)

Thank you all in advance.

The files/infections change all the time, so pinpointing "generic" files is not practical. If you can't run SAS, we do have our portable scanner here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/portable

If that won't remove the threat, contact our support staff and we can run a custom diagnostic!