Sign in to follow this  
jackbrennan2008

Excluding SAS system files from Antivirus?

I searched the forums, but didn't come across any thread which answered my question. I am just wondering if anyone has a list of system files which can be added to the exclusion list of my antivirus.

It may be unnecessary, but i would like to know anyhow.

Thank you.

I searched the forums, but didn't come across any thread which answered my question. I am just wondering if anyone has a list of system files which can be added to the exclusion list of my antivirus.

It may be unnecessary, but i would like to know anyhow.

Thank you.

Hi Jack.

I don't have a list, and I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. I suspect however that you're trying to reduce scan times.

Most antimalware applications will have a quick scan and a full (complete) scan. The former only scans the files/folders that are most susceptible to malware, and the former scans all files/folders.

The main goal is to reduce the startup time of Windows, SAS and Mbam. I run Mbam with real time protection ON and have the Mbam system files included in the exclusion list of my A/V. I could easily put the entire SAS folder on the exclusion list, however, that it not only a security risk, but it also doesn't include impotant system files which are installed in various other locations.

Although it might seem pointless to some; i guess i just want to do it 'In the name of science'.

The main goal is to reduce the startup time of Windows, SAS and Mbam. I run Mbam with real time protection ON and have the Mbam system files included in the exclusion list of my A/V. I could easily put the entire SAS folder on the exclusion list, however, that it not only a security risk, but it also doesn't include impotant system files which are installed in various other locations.

Although it might seem pointless to some; i guess i just want to do it 'In the name of science'.

Unless there is something unusual going on, both MBAM and SAS take a respectable time to to load.

Anyway, what else is in your startup list? (msconfig)?