Sign in to follow this  
Kris

No Disk

I just installed the free version of Super antispyware. I do a scan and get an error that says:

There is not disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR4. I cannot cancel the error, cannot "try again", cannot "continue", can not click the red x to close. It just keeps popping up and won't let me proceed. I must go to my task manager and close program from there. How do I fix this. I have it set to fully scan drive C only. Thanks for any help! My husband is convinced this is a scam to get you to buy the paid product and I am out to prove him wrong!!!

I just installed the free version of Super antispyware. I do a scan and get an error that says:

There is not disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR4. I cannot cancel the error, cannot "try again", cannot "continue", can not click the red x to close. It just keeps popping up and won't let me proceed. I must go to my task manager and close program from there. How do I fix this. I have it set to fully scan drive C only. Thanks for any help! My husband is convinced this is a scam to get you to buy the paid product and I am out to prove him wrong!!!

There is no scam. What numeric version of SUPERAntiSpyware are you scanning with? Have you tried simply rebooting and then performing the scan again? If that does not work, under the Scanning Control Preferences, uncheck the Direct Disk and Kernel direct options.

There is no scam. What numeric version of SUPERAntiSpyware are you scanning with? Have you tried simply rebooting and then performing the scan again? If that does not work, under the Scanning Control Preferences, uncheck the Direct Disk and Kernel direct options.

I don't know what version it is. This is what it says for where it is located. I tried C:\Users\Public\Desktop\SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition.lnk. I have rebooted several times. I tried to uncheck the Direct Disk and Kernel direct options. It still does the same thing. Now what??

I don't know what version it is. This is what it says for where it is located. I tried C:\Users\Public\Desktop\SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition.lnk. I have rebooted several times. I tried to uncheck the Direct Disk and Kernel direct options. It still does the same thing. Now what??

There are two places that show the version number of SAS

- Under Preferences>Help tab, it is located at the bottom of the Help window.

- If you double click on the SAS brown bug in the Notification Tray next to the clock, the main window of SAS opens. The version number is located on the bottom right of this window.

- You should be using V4.34.1000

It is trying to find a disk in one of your removeable disk drive locations/"slots". That could be a media card reader(even one that is on a printer) or USB flash drive that has been removed. DR4 stands for Disk Removeable 4.

- Open SAS to its main window

- Click on the "Scan your Computer" hot button. The scan window should open

- Under Scan Location, uncheck every drive except the C:\ drive

- Bullet "Perform Quick Scan"

- Click on Next

Does it perform a Quick Scan without the error? If so, run a Complete Scan and see if scans okay.

If the above does not resolve the issue, you need to uninstall and re-install SAS Free

1. Go to the link below and download the special SAS uninstaller. Save it on your desktop.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

2. Close down SAS completely. The SAS brown bug in the Notification tray should disappear when SAS is fully closed down.

3. Double click on the SASUNINST.EXE icon on your desktop and uninstall SAS.

4. Go to the link below. Download and install the Free Version Home Users of SAS.

5. Once you get it installed, try to scan again.

https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

6. Once you get SAS installed, you can delete SASUNINST.EXE from your desktop if you want. Or save it to some folder on your harddrive so that you will have it if you need it again.

There are two places that show the version number of SAS

- Under Preferences>Help tab, it is located at the bottom of the Help window.

- If you double click on the SAS brown bug in the Notification Tray next to the clock, the main window of SAS opens. The version number is located on the bottom right of this window.

- You should be using V4.34.1000

It is trying to find a disk in one of your removeable disk drive locations/"slots". That could be a media card reader(even one that is on a printer) or USB flash drive that has been removed. DR4 stands for Disk Removeable 4.

- Open SAS to its main window

- Click on the "Scan your Computer" hot button. The scan window should open

- Under Scan Location, uncheck every drive except the C:\ drive

- Bullet "Perform Quick Scan"

- Click on Next

Does it perform a Quick Scan without the error? If so, run a Complete Scan and see if scans okay.

If the above does not resolve the issue, you need to uninstall and re-install SAS Free

1. Go to the link below and download the special SAS uninstaller. Save it on your desktop.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

2. Close down SAS completely. The SAS brown bug in the Notification tray should disappear when SAS is fully closed down.

3. Double click on the SASUNINST.EXE icon on your desktop and uninstall SAS.

4. Go to the link below. Download and install the Free Version Home Users of SAS.

5. Once you get it installed, try to scan again.

https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

6. Once you get SAS installed, you can delete SASUNINST.EXE from your desktop if you want. Or save it to some folder on your harddrive so that you will have it if you need it again.

Nothing worked, so I did the uninstall and reinstalled. Works fine now! Thanks so much!!! Love proving my husband wrong!!!

Nothing worked, so I did the uninstall and reinstalled. Works fine now! Thanks so much!!! Love proving my husband wrong!!!

Glad to hear that you have it working now. :wink:

Always manually run the "Check for Updates" before you perform a SAS scan. This will ensure that you have the latest core/trace definitions for detecting malware prior to scan.