Lidarose

Using SUPERAntiSpyware Online With McAfee Security Center 9.15

Is SUPERAntiSpyware "Online" Version safe to use with McAfee Security Center 9.15? I've heard that downloading and installing this program is not safe, as they are not compatible, but I was wondering if I could use the online scan with my McAfee Security Center V. 9.15 without any repercussions?

Thanx for any input anyone can offer,

Lida :-)

Is SUPERAntiSpyware "Online" Version safe to use with McAfee Security Center 9.15? I've heard that downloading and installing this program is not safe, as they are not compatible, but I was wondering if I could use the online scan with my McAfee Security Center V. 9.15 without any repercussions?

Thanx for any input anyone can offer,

Lida :-)

Hi Lida.

I haven't heard of any such issue. Although Mcafee might prompt you to either accept or deny what SAS needs to do.

I've been using SAS free and pro for two and a half years alongside McAfee with no problems whatsoever.

I've been using SAS free and pro for two and a half years alongside McAfee with no problems whatsoever.

There is no problem using the two together. A single solution is never enough!

Hi,

You should not experience any issues whatsoever. If you do, please open up a support ticket and we'll investigate.

Thanks,

Geoff

Hi,

You should not experience any issues whatsoever. If you do, please open up a support ticket and we'll investigate.

Thanks,

Geoff

Will do, Geoff, thanx! I also have on this Win XP Pro computer Malwarebytes' program, which doesn't seem to conflict in any way with the McAfee Security Center, but to hear McAfee tell it, ANY other Spyware program will conflict with their program. Every rep of theirs I've spoken with says this, and I'm not sure why?!

Appreciate all the input, guys!

Thanx again,

Lida

but to hear McAfee tell it, ANY other Spyware program will conflict with their program. Every rep of theirs I've spoken with says this, and I'm not sure why?!

Easy: Corrupt Capitalism.

In other words, said company does not want you to even THINK about using a product that might be better.

In the real world, a single antimalware program is not enough. As such, the end user should be using "layered" protection.

For example, when my computer repair shop receives an infected computer, it's typically running Norton, Mcafee, or AVG. The customer is not only angry that their "internet security" did not protect the computer, but they have to keep paying for such year after year.

For above type systems, (and with customer approval), my shop removes those programs, installs Microsoft Security Essentials, SuperAntiSpyware Professional, and MalwareBytes on demand (MBAM updated and run weekly).

There are other methods of internet security which are superior to the above, such as "sandboxing", but such tactics are not practical for the average computer user.