ronnell

windows security center

I am running windows 7 as stated in my sig, but I notice that it is not recognize in the Action center(windows security center) as installed, its not a big issue, just wondering why its not shown. I am running the latest version of SAS. Thanks for any respond

I am running windows 7 as stated in my sig, but I notice that it is not recognize in the Action center(windows security center) as installed, its not a big issue, just wondering why its not shown. I am running the latest version of SAS. Thanks for any respond

its not suposed to intergrate with windows 7 its just a standalone antispyware

It is not a stand-alone program, it installed as the rest of the programs and seem by some as installed but not windows security center and thats the question, why not, thanks

It is not a stand-alone program, it installed as the rest of the programs and seem by some as installed but not windows security center and thats the question, why not, thanks

No worries about this becuase Windows 7 comes with a set of adware programs that they feel as we should use. Superantispyware is Not one of them.

First of all, uninstall Norton from your PC. They are junk anyways.

Next, click on Start> Help and Support> type- Action Center> scroll down and open Action Center> click Security> under Virus Protection turn off messages about virus protection.

This may do the trick, but only time will tell.

I am not a tech person, but I did this to eliminate your problem that you are having.

No worries about this becuase Windows 7 comes with a set of adware programs that they feel as we should use. Superantispyware is Not one of them.

Next, click on Start> Help and Support> type- Action Center> scroll down and open Action Center> click Security> under Virus Protection turn off messages about virus protection.

I am not a tech person, but I did this to eliminate your problem that you are having.

Thanks, 69Chico54, what makes you think I have any Norton program installed, I have none and there is no problem with the action center, its shows my Av and firewall installed and also windows defender (off) but not detecting SAS, just wondered why. there is no problem just wonder why its not showing when all other antispyware software shows. But I have seen Avast AV do this also. thanks again

Thanks, 69Chico54, what makes you think I have any Norton program installed, I have none and there is no problem with the action center, its shows my Av and firewall installed and also windows defender (off) but not detecting SAS, just wondered why. there is no problem just wonder why its not showing when all other antispyware software shows. But I have seen Avast AV do this also. thanks again

"what makes you think I have any Norton program installed"

lolol, A lot of retailers/computer companies will put Norton in the PC's as a main virus protector. That just drives me crazy, but life is life- :wink:

I just assumed that it was on your PC is all. Later gator...

I noticed it as well. Windows Security Center detects my avast! antivirus for antivirus, detects avast! and Windows Defender (off) for antispyware, and no mention of SUPERAntiSpyware. Not a problem with me since apparently I have an antispyware mentioned in the Security Center :huh: but just saying that apparently Security Center doesn't detect it on mine either. Also a Windows 7 user. :lol:

but I notice that it is not recognize in the Action center(windows security center) as installed

Microsoft only acknowledges the **** that most are running....Norton, Mcafee, AVG, etc.

Then why does it have a startup option option "integrate with Vista Security Centre"?

its not suposed to intergrate with windows 7 its just a standalone antispyware

A clean install of Windows 7 contains no security software except the Windows 7 Firewall and Windows Defender.

Yes, I have turn off windows firewall and have Century Link Online Security, my internet provider software , it has a Av and firewall and both shows in windows security center.