mrm3601

SAS or MAB

Hi.

This is my first post on this forum.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy SuperAntiSpyware Professional or Malwarebytes'(I'd rather use only one of them, real time, and NOT the other on demand). I understand that both typically receive excellent reviews.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

You can't just choose one or the other. One is anti-spyware, one is anti-malware. Both are bad for your computer, both are quite easy to get nowadays, both need protection against. You need both SAS and MAB. I run both just fine.

EDIT: Sorry, I read your post wrong. Which to buy? Well, SAS gives a lot without real-time already and Malwarebytes' AntiMalware can stop more threatening threats. But it's a higher chance of getting spyware in multiple instances than getting malware in multiple instances, so...it really depends. I would get both, but for now, I suggest buying MAM, since malware and malicious IP threats, although rare, are very threatening.

I mean there somewhat both = but SAS has more options already I'd pay for MBAM ..the IP blocking module ain't all that good so don't use it as it blocks sites thats i use but anyway. either way i use Both MBAM on access and SAS Free on Demand, really up to you though which you wanna run on access/demand either way once your infected and scan with each your good to go =).

Hi.

This is my first post on this forum.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy SuperAntiSpyware Professional or Malwarebytes'(I'd rather use only one of them, real time, and NOT the other on demand). I understand that both typically receive excellent reviews.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

I use the Lifetime Subscription of Superantispyware, and the free version of Malwarebytes... Cheap and Very effective... $29.95 for a Lifetime- Awesome!!!

One is anti-spyware, one is anti-malware.

There is no legitimate difference.

"Malware" is just a short term for any type of malicious program.

In other words, SuperAntiSpyware could also be named "SuperAntiMalware".

Thank you all for your replies.

I bought both SAS and MAB and I'm using SAS "real time" and MAB "on demand." Is this suggested? Or would it better to make MAB real time and SAS on demand? Or does it matter all?

Thank you again.

Thank you all for your replies.

I bought both SAS and MAB and I'm using SAS "real time" and MAB "on demand." Is this suggested? Or would it better to make MAB real time and SAS on demand? Or does it matter all?

Thank you again.

No, it won't matter much.

What are you using for antivirus?

Hi,

Personally, I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't use MBAM (free or paid) in the fight against malicious software. MBAM is a great tool, and when used in conjunction with a good antivirus and another antimalware product like SAS, you really can't go wrong.

We've got thousands of users who have some combination of SAS FREE/Pro and MBAM FREE/Full on their systems and they work well together.

Geoff

I'm a longtime MalwareBytes use, and I've recommended it to dozens of people. The only reason why I'm here is because SUPERAntiSpyware is better.

Long story short, last week I got infected badly with spyware. The trojans/viruses deleted MalwareBytes, and kept deleting it on install. When I finally got it installed it removed several items, but it fail to detect 3 trojans. That was major because some of them were loaders. The only thing that saved me was a trial version of PC Doctor being stalled, so it kept blocking the connection attempt. Even after I updated MAB's definitions and did several complete scans it still failed to detect the remaining 3 threats. I figured it might be a false positive so I just disabled PC Doctor. I was re-infected immediately after reboot, MAB was deleted again, and I was back to square one. I just gave up and formatted. After reading this article I decided to switch and I've never looked back. Earlier this week I was almost infected again, and SAS removed everything (although it seems to be unable to detect this registry string).

I love MAB and I've used it forever. But there are new high level threats that MAB can't handle.