Sign in to follow this  
inphoenix

cannot download SAS

I've tried downloading from SAS, Cnet, Downloads, and even copying the previous download from another machine to a laptop I'm working. At about 79-80% the download stops and get an error about "... server reset???" not sure that's the msg. I've tried renaming my previously download file and still won't copy to the laptop using windows explorer. running xp pro on compax nx9010 that I've had to rebuild. Updated to sp2

I have not yet installed any anti-virus or any malware pgms. No firewall set up yet.

I've tried downloading from SAS, Cnet, Downloads, and even copying the previous download from another machine to a laptop I'm working. At about 79-80% the download stops and get an error about "... server reset???" not sure that's the msg. I've tried renaming my previously download file and still won't copy to the laptop using windows explorer. running xp pro on compax nx9010 that I've had to rebuild. Updated to sp2

I have not yet installed any anti-virus or any malware pgms. No firewall set up yet.

Hi.

Try installing an antivirus program and see if the error occurs. If it does, please post the exact error.

BTW-For a free antivirus, I suggest Microsoft Security Essentials.

I installed Avast free. does MS Security Essentials scan email? That is why I chose Avast as I could not download AVG free. I have the same problem as SAS...won't download completely. I'm running the download again to get the error it is just stuck on 74%. Downloading from fyxm.net this time but no luck.. still trying to download.

I installed Avast free. does MS Security Essentials scan email? That is why I chose Avast as I could not download AVG free. I have the same problem as SAS...won't download completely. I'm running the download again to get the error it is just stuck on 74%. Downloading from fyxm.net this time but no luck.. still trying to download.

Given that the issue is not SuperAntiSpyware related, I suggest posting on a general computer help forum. Here's a good one:

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/

avg is not very good what browser u using try internet explorer or firefox

It finally downloaded but now when I try to run the .exe i get anerror:

C:\downloads\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe is not a valid Win32 appliction.

Go figure. I think the download is no good.