TrDo

SAS Pro Creates Serious Issues at Windows 7x64

Hi all,

It's been along time since my last visit, and it was for the best of course, since I didn't face any serious issues while running my SAS Pro. Running SAS Pro for a couple of years now, in my Vista Home Premium x86, was a delight, since all things were going fine and well.

I remember, first time I installed it, I had spoken to Nick , and we had made the adjustments to SAS first hand in order to be optimised.

I have a lifetime subscription, and decided--didn't give it much thought really--, to keep SAS on my new laptop. This one came with Windows 7 x64 and since according to SAS Developers site:

SUPERAntiSpyware.com software is compatible with 2000, XP Home/Professional, 2003, Server 2008, Vista and Windows 7.

SUPERAntiSpyware will work in 32-bit mode under 64-bit versions of Windows. We will have native 64-bit drivers later this year.

We offer an older version 4.24 that works with Windows 98, 98SE, and ME.

Our software is not compatible with the Mac OS at this time , (reference:https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=6)

I decided to install it in my new pc. Well, what a dump idea that was. Disaster struck three times in three days, with 3 respectives BSODs.

At first of course, I could not make out what hit my new laptop. Event Viewer gave me the clues.

After about 50-60 error messages(yes that's right) in 3 days, reporting that:

"Application popup: : \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.sys failed to load, and at the same time messages like "\??\C:\Program Files(x86)

\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible

version of the driver.", or "Application popup: : \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV.SYS failed to load", etc. or "\??\C:\Program

Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a

compatible version of the driver",

and somewhere in between, I had 3 instances of BSODs. Of course, as soon as I made the connection I unistalled SAS Pro, and since the day before yesterday all is quite. As it should be.

It's a pitty really that the right and early warnings did not come from the SuperAntispyware site, and Nick himself, regarding compatibility issues of this serious nature.

I'm not here to ask any kind of compensation other than the fact that I had the belief that Nick should have warned us about that. Us, I mean all users and most of all the faithful customers and supporters of this product.

I hope they get their act together soon, because it's a pitty to ruin the reputation of the product for short term misguided insights.

Thanks.

TrDo.

The Pre-Release testing is in progress for SAS x64. You can participate in the testing if you wish. It is down in the forum section named SuperAntiSpyware Pre-Release. Personally, I have it installed on Win 7 x64 Professional and it is functioning very well. It installs as the Free Version. You can activate it to SAS PRO via the SAS bug in the Notification Tray (right click menu).

To be honest, it sounds like there is some type of software/hardware conflict on your system because the Event Viewer errors are not the cause of your BSODs. These have been happening on all x64 Vista and Windows 7 systems with previous versions of SAS installed on them without causing BSODs. The 32-bit drivers of SAS are not loaded on x64 systems so they cannot cause the failure.

You have no idea what you're talking about, have you?

Who said anything about a simultaneous drivers loading? Not me. The best thing you could before you blame my system would be to ask for the dump files. I have examined them, and their story confirmes my claims. If you're a dump file expert, I'll be glad to send them to you. I guess you're not. Because if you were you would have asked them.

Your behavior is the typical reaction of someone who defends his small world. I wonder what your job in this forum is? To answer out of the blue without examining and asking for the clues? If that is your role, then please stay out my thread. I would like to speak with someone who knows what he speaks of.

The Event viewer shows clearly the pattern, that in-between SAS Pro Errors, 3 BSODs occured. The Pattern. Do you understand that? I see it with my eyes. Further, the dump files show that clearly. Of course they are not the cause, directly. They were firing up the nvldddmkm.sys. Because SAS Pro 4.33.100 drivers are not fully x64 compatible.

Of course there was a conflict in my system. It's what I said. And SAS Pro caused it.

Please stay out of it. Stop trying defending something you don't know. It doesn't look serious on your behalf.

Thank you.

TrDo.

Who said anything about a simultaneous drivers loading? Not me. The best thing you could before you blame my system would be to ask for the dump files. I have examined them, and their story confirmes my claims. If you're a dump file expert, I'll be glad to send them to you. I guess you're not. Because if you were you would have asked them.

Your behavior is the typical reaction of someone who defends his small world. I wonder what your job in this forum is? To answer out of the blue without examining and asking for the clues? If that is your role, then please stay out my thread. I would like to speak with someone who knows what he speaks of.

The Event viewer shows clearly the pattern, that in-between SAS Pro Errors, 3 BSODs occured. The Pattern. Do you understand that? I see it with my eyes. Further, the dump files show that clearly. Of course they are not the cause, directly. They were firing up the nvldddmkm.sys. Because SAS Pro 4.33.100 drivers are not fully x64 compatible.

Of course there was a conflict in my system. It's what I said. And SAS Pro caused it.

Please stay out of it. Stop trying defending something you don't know. It doesn't look serious on your behalf.

Thank you.

TrDo.

What causes someone to act this way?

I don't see anywhere where the individual TRYING TO HELP YOU, said anything "about a simultaneous drivers loading?"

Your entire rant makes you nothing more than a troll, is that what the initials in your username are meant to stand for?

What causes someone to act this way?

I don't see anywhere where the individual TRYING TO HELP YOU, said anything "about a simultaneous drivers loading?"

Your entire rant makes you nothing more than a troll, is that what the initials in your username are meant to stand for?

What causes me Bob, to act like that Bob, are 3 BSODs on a brand new system Bob. One week's old, Bob. And general comments, like your friend's above, do not apply, unless you want to add to the count of the posts below your name.

And further Bob, what's it to you? Are you his lawyer or his cousin? Please mind your own business. That is, if you have one Bob.

If not please try and get one, and make your self useful.

Here the problem is specific Bob. We did not ask for your opinion Bob on ad hominem dimensions of the issue, Bob.

Thanks Bob for jumping in. You're very constructive Bob.

PS. BoB, how come you are registered since 2006 Bob, and you only have 3 posts, out of which 1 was here today Bob? I wonder

who are you Bob?

What causes me Bob, to act like that Bob, are 3 BSODs on a brand new system Bob. One week's old, Bob. And general comments, like your friend's above, do not apply, unless you want to add to the count of the posts below your name.

And further Bob, what's it to you? Are you his lawyer or his cousin? Please mind your own business. That is, if you have one Bob.

Here the problem is specific Bob. We did not ask for your opinion Bob on ad hominem dimensions of the issue, Bob.

PS. BoB, how come you are registered since 2006 Bob, and you only have 3 posts, out of which 1 was here today Bob? I wonder

who are you Bob?

now as i dont care for your smart a** remarks I have the same SAS Pro 4.33 running on my win7 64 for awhile now without problems. As for the conflicts you haven't even listed other software it could "possibly" come in conflict with as i never had any probs with this software ..even with a pre-release.

now as i dont care for your smart a** remarks I have the same SAS Pro 4.33 running on my win7 64 for awhile now without problems. As for the conflicts you haven't even listed other software it could "possibly" come in conflict with as i never had any probs with this software ..even with a pre-release.

Well it's nice to know that you run without problems Nem187. Good for you. But this is not a gallop we are conducting here. SAS Pro 4.33 is not designed to operate with a dedicated native 64 driver, cos it does not have one.

I just believe that we should have been warned about the possible implications. Accepting responsibility and recognizing our mistakes makes all move forward.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

TrDo.

who are you Bob?

I'm not here to answer your questions or explain anything about myself to you.

I jumped in to voice my opinion that your reply to someone that was trying assist you was completely uncalled for.

I stand by my original statement, you're a TROLL.

This thread seems to be going nowhere - and I wish it could. I also am having problems with SuperAntiSpyware on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS. Part of my problem is with SuperAntiSpyware and PerfectDisk boot defrag, I know. I had to apply a patch from PD to block the drivers of SAS at boot in order to perform a boot defrag. See: http://www.perfectdisk.com/support/kb/823

This has solved BSOD's however the event viewer still shows Critical events os SASENUM, SASDIFSV.SYS, SASDIFSV and SASKUTIL at boot. Apparently the blocked list from PD is blocking these drivers at boot in order to perform boot-time defrag.

I don't know if this even relates to the problem in this thread, however, I would like to know if there is a way to stop the event viewer from continuing to show repeated errors in my event viewer log.

I hope this might help some for the previous posts - and help me find a solution to the problem I am experiencing. BTW, I am not a troll............lol! Thanks

Hi JohnBurns,

It looks as though we're not getting any answers about our problems, operating SAS Pro in our Win7 x64 systems.

All we get at the moment are idiotic statements from Bob, who still hasn't found anything else to do.

I would appreciate if anyone could take a responsible position and answer about SAS Pro Compatibility issues in Win7 x64 systems.

At the moment I have uninstalled SAS Pro, and running MBAM Pro, without issues whatsoever.

Thanks.

TrDo.

PS. I'm sure Bob is highly related to siliconman01.

This thread seems to be going nowhere - and I wish it could. I also am having problems with SuperAntiSpyware on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS. Part of my problem is with SuperAntiSpyware and PerfectDisk boot defrag, I know. I had to apply a patch from PD to block the drivers of SAS at boot in order to perform a boot defrag. See: http://www.perfectdisk.com/support/kb/823

This has solved BSOD's however the event viewer still shows Critical events os SASENUM, SASDIFSV.SYS, SASDIFSV and SASKUTIL at boot. Apparently the blocked list from PD is blocking these drivers at boot in order to perform boot-time defrag.

I don't know if this even relates to the problem in this thread, however, I would like to know if there is a way to stop the event viewer from continuing to show repeated errors in my event viewer log.

I hope this might help some for the previous posts - and help me find a solution to the problem I am experiencing. BTW, I am not a troll............lol! Thanks

- The PerfectDisk10/SAS conflict during boot-time defrag is, as you stated, fixed by the implementation of the BlockedList registry modification supplied by Raxco. This list contains several other programs' drivers that conflict with PerfectDisk boot-time defrag. I do not know why the PerfectDisk installer fails to automatically insert this BlockedList when PerfectDisk is installed on user systems. PerfectDisk11 (which is to be released in March 2010) does not include the BlockedList either. Edit: I checked with Raxco technical support and they are going to include the BlockedList as part of the PD11 installer for the public release version.

- The SAS developers are fully aware that SAS V4.33.1000 and previous versions are not fully compatible with XP x64, Vista x64, and Windows 7 x64. There are many posts on this forum over the past 12-18 months that discuss this...including the Event Viewer messages for SASENUM.sys, SASDIFSV.sys, and SASUTIL.sys. The SAS developers have taken steps to resolve this. See the link below. The last post in this link states that the pre-release test is now available for all x64 users to participate in.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/3411-superantispyware-64-bit-pre-release/

- SAS Pre-Release Version 4.90.1018 (32-bit and 64-bit) are available in the forum section labeled SUPERAntiSpyware Pre-Release. You have to sign into the main forum to access this section. As to when this version will be released as a final public release, the SAS developers have not stated an expected release date. JFI, I have V4.90.1018 64-bit installed on my Windows 7 x64 Professional system. The Event Viewer is no longer showing any error messages concerning SAS. This version is running very well. If you read the latest posts in this forum section, you will see that there are some installer/uninstaller issues that should be corrected in the next pre-release.

Thank you.

TrDo.

Event viewer errors CANNOT cause BSOD's. SUPERAntiSpyware DID NOT cause the problems you are describing.

Hi JohnBurns,

It looks as though we're not getting any answers about our problems, operating SAS Pro in our Win7 x64 systems.

All we get at the moment are idiotic statements from Bob, who still hasn't found anything else to do.

I would appreciate if anyone could take a responsible position and answer about SAS Pro Compatibility issues in Win7 x64 systems.

At the moment I have uninstalled SAS Pro, and running MBAM Pro, without issues whatsoever.

Thanks.

TrDo.

PS. I'm sure Bob is highly related to siliconman01.

We have a NATIVE 64-bit edition in the pre-release area and are very close to our official native 64-bit release. This is NOT a blended release as most "64-bit" security software is, this is TRUE 64-bit native.

Event viewer errors CANNOT cause BSOD's. SUPERAntiSpyware DID NOT cause the problems you are describing.

I did not intend to imply that the event viewer errors caused the problems. In my case it was the conflict between PerfectDisk and SuperAntiSpyware at boot time which caused the problems. Once I stopped SAS drivers from conflicting with PD by installing PD's Blocked List Registry "fix", that problem ceased. It was THEN that the event viewer errors started showing - which was a result of my action of blocking SAS Drivers with the "fix" I am pleased that a 64bit SAS is soon being released. In the interim, I don't mind "living" with the multiple event viewer errors.................sorry I added to the heated discussion in this thread.

We just need to exercise some patience and try to understand things happen in spite of everyone's good efforts and intentions. Thanks for the information provided.

Unless my English is not good, I can't think of another reason for people misreading my post. I said, and say again, that in the Event Viewer the pattern is evident between the SAS triggered errors and the BSODs. This is not only obvious chronologically but also as a procedural pattern. The system dump files are also another hardcore clue of SAS triggering the blackout.

SAS Pro is not available as a native release for Windows x64 (64-bit) operating systems.

Microsoft has extended the core of the operating system kernel in the x64 editions of Windows with KPP (Kernel Patch Protection - informally known as PatchGuard) in such a way that self-checks are routinely performed to detect tampering.

The proactive protection provided by SAS Pro is not supported by the Windows x64 kernel. SAS Pro must make changes to the kernel to implement proactive protection. These changes are detected by PatchGuard as tampering, so the system will crash soon after SAS Pro is trigeered.

Further to this, SAS was triggering the nvlddmkm error, which was causing the BSOD.

Clear and simple... now. But then when it was happening it was a pain to try to pinpoint the cause.

As I said, I have been using SAS Pro for quite sometime on my other x86 operating system without having any issues whatsoever. But the x64 operating system is a different story. SAS Pro is not fitted for such action. Only thing I was asking-and expecting from SAS Developers- is a bit more responsible action regarding their support site statements...Look at the first post and you'll understand.

Please do not blame your customers' pcs and systems, like the 18 years old telephone-support girls do. I sympathise with them because they don't know and they do as they are told. But here in this forum I was expecting a more responsible answer and action.

Our systems, for some of us, are not black boxes where we cannot find what's going on. Please, re-arrange your site's statements about the x64 capabilities of SAS Pro 4.33.100, or at least warn your customers, or at leat apologize for causing such issues.

Thank you.

TrDo.

P.S. Please do not use capital letters in your posts. It's called yelling and is not polite.

Unless my English is not good, I can't think of another reason for people misreading my post. I said, and say again, that in the Event Viewer the pattern is evident between the SAS triggered errors and the BSODs. This is not only obvious chronologically but also as a procedural pattern. The system dump files are also another hardcore clue of SAS triggering the blackout.

SAS Pro is not available as a native release for Windows x64 (64-bit) operating systems.

Microsoft has extended the core of the operating system kernel in the x64 editions of Windows with KPP (Kernel Patch Protection - informally known as PatchGuard) in such a way that self-checks are routinely performed to detect tampering.

The proactive protection provided by SAS Pro is not supported by the Windows x64 kernel. SAS Pro must make changes to the kernel to implement proactive protection. These changes are detected by PatchGuard as tampering, so the system will crash soon after SAS Pro is trigeered.

Further to this, SAS was triggering the nvlddmkm error, which was causing the BSOD.

Clear and simple... now. But then when it was happening it was a pain to try to pinpoint the cause.

As I said, I have been using SAS Pro for quite sometime on my other x86 operating system without having any issues whatsoever. But the x64 operating system is a different story. SAS Pro is not fitted for such action. Only thing I was asking-and expecting from SAS Developers- is a bit more responsible action regarding their support site statements...Look at the first post and you'll understand.

Please do not blame your customers' pcs and systems, like the 18 years old telephone-support girls do. I sympathise with them because they don't know and they do as they are told. But here in this forum I was expecting a more responsible answer and action.

Our systems, for some of us, are not black boxes where we cannot find what's going on. Please, re-arrange your site's statements about the x64 capabilities of SAS Pro 4.33.100, or at least warn your customers, or at leat apologize for causing such issues.

Thank you.

TrDo.

P.S. Please do not use capital letters in your posts. It's called yelling and is not polite.

Please download our pre-release and let us know if you have any event errors or other issues.

Please download our pre-release and let us know if you have any event errors or other issues.

Thanks for your help. I downloaded the pre-release (with no problem) and the event errors appear to have stopped. I appreciate your effort and patience with me. It's all a constant learning process for me. Thanks again!

Thanks for your help. I downloaded the pre-release (with no problem) and the event errors appear to have stopped. I appreciate your effort and patience with me. It's all a constant learning process for me. Thanks again!

The official release is not far off, thanks for your testing!

I'm running on Win7 x64,as you have gathered by now, and I need the correct uninstaller please, to completely get rid of SAS Pro 4.33.100.

I'm willing to try the SAS 4.90 (x64) prelease.

I would appreciate the correct link for the unistaller.

Thanks.

TrDo.

I have been waiting for the release of 64 bit sas.

Its supposed to be happening for awhile.

Running sas on 64 bit os gives event log error about sas driver on the previous versions

I don't want that.

So I will wait till you release a final good fully compatible 64 bit version.

sas is great on 32 bit where it works best to date!!