Sign in to follow this  
sammy

Scheduling a superantispyware scan w/ Task Scheduler?

hi all ....

was going through the motions in task scheduler but i stopped short of the end cause im under the impression that the task would actually only LAUNCH the program as opposed to running the scan that im aiming for.

i know im overlooking something but im stumped. :?:

id like to be able to do this with the free version if possible and avoid acquiring the full which i wont make much use of.

hi all ....

was going through the motions in task scheduler but i stopped short of the end cause im under the impression that the task would actually only LAUNCH the program as opposed to running the scan that im aiming for.

i know im overlooking something but im stumped. :?:

id like to be able to do this with the free version if possible and avoid acquiring the full which i wont make much use of.

What you need to do is in SuperAntiSpwyare GUI set up the scheduled scan via Preferences>Scheduled Scanning. For example, set up a Complete Scan to run at 3:00 a.m.

Then, using Task Scheduler, start program SuperAntiSpyware.exe at say 2:57 a.m.

- Be sure to have it "Run with highest privileges"

- Go through all the advanced settings for Superantispwyare.exe in the Task Scheduler and set various settings as you prefer.

I don't know if the free version will automatically update the core/trace definitions. If it does, you would want to check mark "Check for program updates when the application starts (recommended)" in Superantispyware GUI under Preferences>Updates. That way you will have the latest definitions before the scan. This may be a good reason to go with the PRO version if the free version does not automatically update. Add the "Lifetime" option for $9.95 which is well worth it.

siliconman01 - thanks, once again !

i guess i might have to save up for the pro then.

thanks so much for your feedback.

how does one close a thread ?