Rewrite

Excluding SAS from Antivirus Program

Hi, it's me again. I'm trying to figure out if there are ways I can prevent other security programs from interfering with SAS, either while scanning or real time. If this information is already posted somewhere, a link would be appreciated.

Avira is a good program, but it does tend to butt in while other security programs are active. It allows exceptions for its guard and scanner for processes and file objects.

Thanks. :)

Hi, it's me again. I'm trying to figure out if there are ways I can prevent other security programs from interfering with SAS, either while scanning or real time. If this information is already posted somewhere, a link would be appreciated.

Avira is a good program, but it does tend to butt in while other security programs are active. It allows exceptions for its guard and scanner for processes and file objects.

Thanks. :)

I have run SAS PRO along side Avira Premium Security Suite V7, V8, and V9 without any detected conflicts, either real-time or during scans. This experience has been using Vista x64 and x86 plus Windows 7 x86 and x64. I have not found any need to customize Avira to exclude any SAS files. Just my experience.

That's good to know. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I've used the two together before with no problem, but that's been awhile. While I've used SAS consistently since about July of last year, I've done some experimenting with AVs in the interim.

Thanks for your your feedback. :-)