Sign in to follow this  
Rewrite

Odd thing showed up in my Allowed Items

I have the free version of SAS and am very pleased with it. I checked all my preferences tonight (which I don't do very often) and saw that under allowed items was: Adware.Tracking cookie (entire family trusted). Am I reading this right? Does that mean that all ad cookies will be exempt from scanning? I know I didn't put that there deliberately. I wouldn't have known how to even if I was that dumb. :huh:

I recently had a browser hijack attempt (a couple of weeks ago) and was alerted by SAS to block/don't block. MBAM actually grabbed it up and quarantined it. But I'm wondering if this new "allowed" item somehow got there during this incident. Is that even possible?? Or could I have done something that inadvertently caused this. I'm truly baffled.

Another question I have is: Can I run both MBAM and SAS real time or will they conflict? I was considering the paid SAS program, but wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

Thanks very much.

I have the free version of SAS and am very pleased with it. I checked all my preferences tonight (which I don't do very often) and saw that under allowed items was: Adware.Tracking cookie (entire family trusted). Am I reading this right? Does that mean that all ad cookies will be exempt from scanning? I know I didn't put that there deliberately. I wouldn't have known how to even if I was that dumb. :huh:

I recently had a browser hijack attempt (a couple of weeks ago) and was alerted by SAS to block/don't block. MBAM actually grabbed it up and quarantined it. But I'm wondering if this new "allowed" item somehow got there during this incident. Is that even possible?? Or could I have done something that inadvertently caused this. I'm truly baffled.

Another question I have is: Can I run both MBAM and SAS real time or will they conflict? I was considering the paid SAS program, but wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

Thanks very much.

You must have (by accident) clicked the Trust/Allow. You can run both MBAM and SAS in real-time together. In today's spyware/malware world, a single solution is not enough and multiple layers of protection is the best option.

I don't remember being asked *globally* whether I wanted adware, but I agree with you that it had to be something I did. It sure was a surprise to see that there. :-D

I'm going to have a look at some of the functions that SAS performs. I probably will have to exclude SAS files from Avira and other programs so there is no conflict anywhere regardless of the version.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. :)

Your problem is precicely why EVERY software installation, should be CUSTOM. That way you can UNcheck most of the crapware that comes bundled with programs.

MLStrand56