Johnny

Tells me "must have administrator privileges" when updating?

For a while now I've had a prompt when I boot up telling me there's a newer version available and I'm given the choice of installing now or being reminded later.

When I choose to install now, it keeps telling me I need to use an account with administrator privileges. But I only have one account and it's the administrator account.

(I'm using Windows 7 64 bit version. SAS version 4, 32, 0, 1000.)

For a while now I've had a prompt when I boot up telling me there's a newer version available and I'm given the choice of installing now or being reminded later.

When I choose to install now, it keeps telling me I need to use an account with administrator privileges. But I only have one account and it's the administrator account.

(I'm using Windows 7 64 bit version. SAS version 4, 32, 0, 1000.)

For Windows 7 32bit and 64bit to upgrade to a newer version this is what you must do:

(You must be logged in as an administrator first)

Right click on the bug and choice "Exit"

Once it closes, go to the desktop Superantispyware Icon and "Right" click and choose "Run as an Administrator"

It will look like the program will open but it will not. What you will see is the yellow bug come back and you will now see the white and blue box to do the upgrade. Now you can click on "Download the upgrade" and then follow the instructions to upgrade.

These seems to have started after the prior upgrade and it happens in Vista as well as windows 7

robin

Robin - Don't you mean RIGHT click on the desktop icon, then choose Run As Administrator? That's how I did it, and the rest of your instructions worked perfectly!

Thanks, Robin! It worked perfectly. :)

(I don’t keep any icons on my desktop, but I used the one in the program folder.)

Robin - Don't you mean RIGHT click on the desktop icon, then choose Run As Administrator? That's how I did it, and the rest of your instructions worked perfectly!

oops ok right click is correct- I just edited it just in case anyone else has this problem

robin

For Windows 7 32bit and 64bit to upgrade to a newer version this is what you must do:

(You must be logged in as an administrator first)

Right click on the bug and choice "Exit"

Once it closes, go to the desktop Superantispyware Icon and "Right" click and choose "Run as an Administrator"

It will look like the program will open but it will not. What you will see is the yellow bug come back and you will now see the white and blue box to do the upgrade. Now you can click on "Download the upgrade" and then follow the instructions to upgrade.

These seems to have started after the prior upgrade and it happens in Vista as well as windows 7

robin

Thanks Robin, this just worked for me as well. :)

What will happen next time an update arrives? Will I have to repeat this process all over again?

Graham.

oops ok right click is correct- I just edited it just in case anyone else has this problem

robin

i have this problem and when i try to follow your suggestion, it doesn't work that way. new win 7 pc. i right click sas icon and click on run as administrator. it gives me the windows security user account control box with do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer. i click yes and sas appears to open. no yellow bug. what exactly is a yellow bug? i click on preference then :check for updates now" i then get the blue and white box. when i click download the upgrade, i get the same original error message that i must run as an administrator. i'm lost.

i have this problem and when i try to follow your suggestion, it doesn't work that way. new win 7 pc. i right click sas icon and click on run as administrator. it gives me the windows security user account control box with do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer. i click yes and sas appears to open. no yellow bug. what exactly is a yellow bug? i click on preference then :check for updates now" i then get the blue and white box. when i click download the upgrade, i get the same original error message that i must run as an administrator. i'm lost.

When I did this about half an hour ago I got:

1) Right click "run as administrator":

2) Security Box appeared:

3) Clicked "Yes":

4) Waited a little while and the Blue/White box appeared automatically without me doing anything:

5) Selected "Update Now" and updates installed OK.

Try waiting after step 3 to see whether the upgrade box appears without user intervention.

If above doesn't work, try adjusting your preferences for the program to automatically launch at Windows Startup and also perform regular automatic updates.

Graham.

When I did this about half an hour ago I got:

1) Right click "run as administrator":

2) Security Box appeared:

3) Clicked "Yes":

4) Waited a little while and the Blue/White box appeared automatically without me doing anything:

5) Selected "Update Now" and updates installed OK.

Try waiting after step 3 to see whether the upgrade box appears without user intervention.

If above doesn't work, try adjusting your preferences for the program to automatically launch at Windows Startup and also perform regular automatic updates.

Graham.

It didn't work so i did a restert and your procedure worked...thanks for your help Graham