Mumio

Losing network on reboot

Hi-

I've had pro SuperAntiSpyware for a couple of years and have never had problems-great program! Recently though, it seems there is an issue with our network...specifically, we are losing our network connection after automatic rebooting after a scan has run. I'm on xp3, using Firefox 3.5.6 and SuperAntiSpyware (v4,33,1000) is set to run daily at 8am EST, with reboot enabled if required checked off---check for updates before startup scanning is also enabled. This problem first appeared between the scan that ran at 8am on 1/15/10 and 8am on 1/16/10--in this first instance, the network adapter completely disappeared and had to be reinstalled from the cd. Today, the computer was up and connected to the internet prior to the 8am scan, but after a reboot I had to go in and re-enable my connection settings because I was no longer connected (but the adapter didn't have to be reinstalled this time). I'm using a NetGear WN111 router---there's been no changes with that. I know SuperAntiSpyware has frequent updates--per my scan log for this morning:

Core Rules Database Version : 4487

Trace Rules Database Version: 2303

Would you please let me know what might be going on?

Thanks for your help.

Carol

Please post (copy/paste) the SAS scan log that was generated on this latest network issue. Also what Windows Operating system are you running and is it 32-bit or 64-bit.

WinXP3 32-bit

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 01/18/2010 at 08:21 AM

Application Version : 4.33.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 4487

Trace Rules Database Version: 2303

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:20:54

Memory items scanned : 768

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 4714

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 25042

File threats detected : 0

Today, the computer was up and connected to the internet prior to the 8am scan, but after a reboot I had to go in and re-enable my connection settings because I was no longer connected (but the adapter didn't have to be reinstalled this time)

Hi.

The log shows that a reboot was not required, yet you said "after a reboot". Did SAS reboot automatically, or did you do so manually?

Well, here's the thing: I wasn't in front of the computer at the time when that may have happened so I can't say if it did or didn't reboot. Were there any new updates that may have downloaded since 8am on 1/15/10?

The latest updates as of AM 19-Jan-2010 is:

Core: 4492

Trace: 2307

so it looks like your definitions are a few versions behind. Based on your post log, SAS should not have rebooted your computer because nothing was detected. Are you sure it rebooted or are you assuming that it did a reboot because you lost internet connection?

Well, I manually ran the scan this morning, it needed to reboot, and I still had my network connection when my system came up. Now I'm wondering if it may have been a coincidental thing since there is no issue now. I do show the latest updates in the latest scan. I'm not sure how the updates could have be behind since the program is set up to check for updates automatically (one reason why I bought the program vs using the free version) but I don't really want to pursue that.

I think I'm going to watch and wait for the time being since all went well this morning. Thanks very much for all your help though....I do appreciate it.