Sign in to follow this  

My other computer has crashed for the second time?

Earlier I kept getting notices from my computer about downloading anti-spyware and how my computer is at risk and how they found a bunch of trojans and worms on my computer. So I opened my McAfee (thats the security I use and I thought it would alert me for any problems) so I checked it, no sweat it said nothing was wrong, so I wrote off the ones my computer was sending me because I was on the internet and I was trying to find a profile layout generator, and I thought that maybe it was false. So just in case I decide to run a virus scan to make sure everything is cool. I walk away from my computer for a few moments, and when i come back my computer is off. So I try to reboot it and it wont work. It refuses to reboot in windows regular. It gets to the little microsoft booting screen and then right before it hits the little chime and windows logo it turns black and just stays like that and wont do anything else. So I tried running a system restore point and a start-up repair in safe mode, I thought it would fix, I try again to reboot it, it does the same thing. But before my computer went haywire my McAfee said nothing was wrong, now here I am in safe mode trying to fix my computer, and McAfee is alerting me about how all my files need attention and how there all at risk. fap turbo

Earlier I kept getting notices from my computer about downloading anti-spyware and how my computer is at risk and how they found a bunch of trojans and worms on my computer. So I opened my McAfee (thats the security I use and I thought it would alert me for any problems) so I checked it, no sweat it said nothing was wrong, so I wrote off the ones my computer was sending me because I was on the internet and I was trying to find a profile layout generator, and I thought that maybe it was false. So just in case I decide to run a virus scan to make sure everything is cool. I walk away from my computer for a few moments, and when i come back my computer is off. So I try to reboot it and it wont work. It refuses to reboot in windows regular. It gets to the little microsoft booting screen and then right before it hits the little chime and windows logo it turns black and just stays like that and wont do anything else. So I tried running a system restore point and a start-up repair in safe mode, I thought it would fix, I try again to reboot it, it does the same thing. But before my computer went haywire my McAfee said nothing was wrong, now here I am in safe mode trying to fix my computer, and McAfee is alerting me about how all my files need attention and how there all at risk. fap turbo

Hi Dennis.

Do you actually have SuperAntiSpyware installed?

From the boot menu, have you tried Last Known Good Configuration?

Another option is to run a chkdsk:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.

2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.

3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,

4. To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.