trmfp

Definitions and advanced info for malware

I am interested in your program, however, I have searched both the installed software and your website and cannot find a detailed page where I can find more information about the malware that was detected on a scanned system. I would like to know how the system got infected, manual removal instructions, and other pertinent information about the infection.

If I am missing something, please let me know where to find this information. It makes it easier to educate people on not repeating their actions and having to have the system cleaned again.

Thanks a bunch!

I am interested in your program, however, I have searched both the installed software and your website and cannot find a detailed page where I can find more information about the malware that was detected on a scanned system. I would like to know how the system got infected, manual removal instructions, and other pertinent information about the infection.

If I am missing something, please let me know where to find this information. It makes it easier to educate people on not repeating their actions and having to have the system cleaned again.

Thanks a bunch!

You can view the scan logs to see what was detected. Those are in the Preferences section.

But that only tells me the name of the malware. I would like more detailed information such as all files installed/modified and registry keys changed, possible cause of infection such as email, internet link, installed by other malware, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

But that only tells me the name of the malware. I would like more detailed information such as all files installed/modified and registry keys changed, possible cause of infection such as email, internet link, installed by other malware, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

That's no the purpose of SUPERAntiSpyware or any malware removal application really. It sounds like you want to analyze the threats.

OK, well it might be something to consider. For network admins and PC Techs alike, the more information we have about a threat, the easier it is to clean it and educate users of how they were infected. I don't know how many times I have been asked how the computer was infected because the user doesn't realize they did anything wrong.

I am in no way trying to compare or advocate products, but symantec has a great threat definitions site that gives that level of detailed information as well as manual removal instructions for any of the software it can detect. I find it very valueable, but at the same time it is difficult to find that information when the names of the threat are changed from every vendor.

Thanks for your replies.

OK, well it might be something to consider. For network admins and PC Techs alike, the more information we have about a threat, the easier it is to clean it and educate users of how they were infected. I don't know how many times I have been asked how the computer was infected because the user doesn't realize they did anything wrong.

I am in no way trying to compare or advocate products, but symantec has a great threat definitions site that gives that level of detailed information as well as manual removal instructions for any of the software it can detect. I find it very valueable, but at the same time it is difficult to find that information when the names of the threat are changed from every vendor.

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, Symantec and McAfee provide manual instructions for the threats they remove, the ones that we target aren't that simple to remove typically - meaning, we focus on the threats others don't remove - if we did write ups on each threat for manual removal, etc we would be 1/10th as effective in removal as write ups take considerable time to prepare.

For network admins and PC Techs alike, the more information we have about a threat, the easier it is to clean it and educate users of how they were infected. I don't know how many times I have been asked how the computer was infected because the user doesn't realize they did anything wrong.

the user doesn't realize they did anything wrong

Of course they don't.

You're asking a question that has no viable answer...other than the human factor.