SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpyware 64-Bit Pre-Release

We now have a PRE-RELEASE 64-bit Free Edition (will convert to pro if registered) available. SUPERAntiSpyware is a NATIVE 64-bit application with ALL NATIVE 64-bit drivers, components, etc. - many other security products are NOT native 64-bit and simply have a couple 64-bit components and the rest remain 32-bit.

This is a PRIVATE pre-release, and the links are NOT to be posted public until we complete our "small group" testing and finalize the installers.

We are finishing the 64-bit repairs section, so the repairs are not in there at this time. Also, do NOT update if prompted, you can update the definitions, just not the main program (at this point).

Please PM me for the installer link.

Nick,

Your PM inbox must be full. I sent you a PM 24 hours ago and it is still sitting in my PM outbox. PM pertains to the SAS x64 uninstaller.

It's not full, I just read your message. We haven't done any of the uninstallation yet - that will be in new pre-release this week along with repairs :)

program installed. what to do with the repeating message that it wants to update several items :?:

As Nick says:

We are finishing the 64-bit repairs section, so the repairs are not in there at this time. Also, do NOT update if prompted, you can update the definitions, just not the main program (at this point).

IF you want to manually update the Core/Trace definitions, use the "Check for Updates" on the main window of SAS. That does not check for program updates.

I feel that x64 users will be very pleased with the new x64 release. And it is nice to go through the Event Viewer and not find a raft of SAS driver load errors and security audit failures. 8)

Found an issue. While doing a quick scan it crashed, but it asked to send report which I've allowed of course :D

Yes, same thing happened to me but I was running a full scan.

Yes, same thing happened to me but I was running a full scan.

Did this happen just once? We have some updates to the scanning engine for 64-bit coming out as soon as they are done. Hopefully the crash issue will have been resolved.

Did this happen just once? We have some updates to the scanning engine for 64-bit coming out as soon as they are done. Hopefully the crash issue will have been resolved.

This happens everytime I start a quick scan.

Hello

Maybe this will help in search of the solution for the problem of a crash in scanning. I had also problems with quick scan of different drives; crashed en asked to be started again. After few times of trying i noticed it crashed on a map where i stored files based on 32 bits version of windows 7 (old backup). When i removed these map from the scan there where no problems at all any more.

No, it happens every time I run a scan. I am using the latest definitions and the "private" 64-bit version of SAS.

Just wondering if there are any updates on when the 64 bit native version will be released. Also will it be a completely separate download?, Will I have to uninstall the version I have now and redownload it or will the setup just extract the 64 bit version automatically?

Just wondering if there are any updates on when the 64 bit native version will be released. Also will it be a completely separate download?, Will I have to uninstall the version I have now and redownload it or will the setup just extract the 64 bit version automatically?

Nick stated late last week that they are working on some scanner changes to the Core64 "private" pre-release and that it will be publicly pre-released when these changes are done.

The old version of SAS will have to be uninstalled because the Core64 release is a true x64 conversion/installation. Its installer places Superantispyware in C:\Program Files\SuperAntiSpyware instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\SuperAntispyware. What I did with good results is:

1. Uninstalled SAS PRO using the custom uninstaller assistant at https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE. A reboot will occur.

2. After the reboot, search for and delete all folders with the name SuperAntiSpyware

3. Install the Core64 version.

Yes at last you're nearly there with a fully native 64bit version of SuperAntiSpyware! I personally can't wait for this.

Well done everybody involved in the creation of said program :)

Yes at last you're nearly there with a fully native 64bit version of SuperAntiSpyware! I personally can't wait for this.

Well done everybody involved in the creation of said program :)

New Pre-Release 4.90 forum up, you can download directly from there :)