Victek123

SAS wizard keeps running

Currently I'm using SAS on demand and don't have it loading automatically when Windows starts. When I start it though it always runs the setup wizard as if it's running for the first time. I make the necessary choices and it completes and runs SAS normally afterward, but next time the same thing happens. Any thoughts on how to fix this? OS is Windows 7 x86. By the way Happy New Year! 8)

It sounds to me like you are clicking on a desktop icon that is the original SAS setup/installer file. Go to START>All Programs>SuperAntispyware folder and start SAS by clicking on SuperAntispyware Free (or whatever it is labeled for the free version of SAS). If SAS starts up as it should (without re-installing itself), then you are using the wrong desktop icon. There is probably a second SAS icon on your desktop that you are "not seeing". That will be the proper desktop icon to use. Just delete the first one from your desktop.

I checked again and here is the target for the shortcut I'm using to run SAS - definitely not running the installer/EXE.

"C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe"

Try this:

1. Go to the link below and download the special uninstaller for SAS. Save it on your desktop

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

2. Uninstall SAS by running the above special uninstaller. Let it reboot the system. Be sure that all desktop icons for SAS have been removed.

3. Search your hard drive and remove all FOLDERS with the name SuperAntispyware

4. Download SAS Free from the link below and re-install SAS V4.32.1000

https://www.superantispyware.com/superan ... vspro.html

Does it work properly now?