SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpyware Professional realtime scanner

Why does it not contain realtime detection of cookies? :(

I purchased the professional version because I thought it gives me realtime protection against all sorts of things in the database! Then why a payware customer does not receive such protection. I know that cookies are harmless but though its detection should be included through realtime scanner.

We don't detect cookies in real-time as it is unnecessary - they are not harmful and since cookies are placed on your computer at a fast rate while you are surfing - removing those in real-time would be a waste of system resources as they pose no threat.

We don't detect cookies in real-time as it is unnecessary - they are not harmful and since cookies are placed on your computer at a fast rate while you are surfing - removing those in real-time would be a waste of system resources as they pose no threat.

Do you protect real-time against tracking cookies?

Do you protect real-time against tracking cookies?

As quoted above - We don't detect cookies in real-time as it is unnecessary - they are not harmful and since cookies are placed on your computer at a fast rate while you are surfing - removing those in real-time would be a waste of system resources as they pose no threat.

If you want cookies erased as you surf, you may wish to try our SUPERAdBlocker product here:

http://www.superadblocker.com

Thanks for your reply.

I note your comment & also say the cookies reply on your site. My question is however regarding tracking cookies which I assume you therefore also don't block. In my opinion tracking cookies are spyware & I expect an anti-spyware product to block them.

Thanks for your reply.

I note your comment & also say the cookies reply on your site. My question is however regarding tracking cookies which I assume you therefore also don't block. In my opinion tracking cookies are spyware & I expect an anti-spyware product to block them.

Tracking cookies are no different than regular cookies, ALL COOKIES are the same - they are small .TXT (text) files that reside on your drive - there is NO DIFFERENCE between types of cookies, just so you know the facts.

Advertising companies use third-party cookies to track a user across multiple sites. In particular, an advertising company can track a user across all pages where it has placed advertising images or web bugs. Knowledge of the pages visited by a user allows the advertisement company to target advertisement to the user's presumed preferences.

The possibility of building a profile of users has been considered by some a potential privacy threat, even when the tracking is done on a single domain but especially when tracking is done across multiple domains using third-party cookies. For this reason, some countries have legislation about cookies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracking_cookie

I accept that you have chosen not to block cookies, but I therefore see no advantage to your product over Defender (for example) to myself & my customers.

Thank you for your responses.

Advertising companies use third-party cookies to track a user across multiple sites. In particular, an advertising company can track a user across all pages where it has placed advertising images or web bugs. Knowledge of the pages visited by a user allows the advertisement company to target advertisement to the user's presumed preferences.

The possibility of building a profile of users has been considered by some a potential privacy threat, even when the tracking is done on a single domain but especially when tracking is done across multiple domains using third-party cookies. For this reason, some countries have legislation about cookies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracking_cookie

I accept that you have chosen not to block cookies, but I therefore see no advantage to your product over Defender (for example) to myself & my customers.

Thank you for your responses.

I am not trying to be rude here, but miseducation is a leading cause of consumer infections - you have to consider the source of your information - if you choose to believe a wikipedia article written by people that have never written one line of code, and never have been involved in security software development, over someone who has been developing professional software for 25 years and been developing security software for over 10 years, that is your choice - we have many advantages over Windows Defender - Microsoft does not stay on top of the current rookit and other infections like we do - you can test this by simply infecting a system and cleaning with Windows Defender and then scan with SUPERAntiSpyware after and you will see we will clean up much that they have left behind.

You may wish to do some research on Wilders, CastleCops, Google Groups, Spyware Warrior and other security forums and you will see that SUPERAntiSpyware cleans up many infections that other products miss.

Biscuit, I'm a free program junkie and I don't even have Windows Defender on any of my systems. After testing it a while back, I seen little use in having it onboard. On the other hand, every system I have has SUPERAntiSpyware onboard and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Samples I sent to MS in early January are still not detected when I run them through a Virus Total scan. Not sure what they are doing with my samples, but they sure aren't including them in their definitions.

If you are looking for something that is going to handle the real threats, then SUPERAntiSpyware is what you want. Cookies are by far the least of my worries and they should be the least of yours as well.

Best regards,

Windsor

To: Biscuit

1.) Right-click on your IE desktop icon

2.) Select Properties

3.) Click the Privacy tab

4.) Click Advanced

5.) Click the Override automatic cookie handling box

6.) Under Third-party Cookies, click Block

7.) Click OK

8.) Click OK again.

Sleep well tonight. :wink:

To all:

Cookies are irrelavent! I have 1200+ cookies on each of these machines(IE) and god knows how many in Opera.

*IF* SUPER, or any other scanner, doesn't like a few cookies... no biggie!

They will re-appear when I surf back to those sites. :wink:

Cookies are simple txt files(in IE) and cannot do anything. No code in them that can "run". No calling home, no sending personal info/surfing habits.

I have a few "bad" cookies excluded on these machines... for auto-login purposes.

Gamespy, Real, etc...

Scan every night if cookies bother you, or just set your browser to delete cookies when closed. 8)

No worries!

David