Buttons

SAS PRO Converts back to trial version

Hi everyone! Lately I've been having problems with SAS Pro version. I reinstalled it and when I check for updates with the task bar icon nothing happens. When I right click it again it no longer has my registration info. I have to then re register it then the same thing happens. I tried converting both the trial version and the free with the same problems. Any possible solution to this?

This sounds like your Comodo firewall is blocking SAS. Ensure that it is not blocking Superantispyware.exe, SAS_Startup.exe, and SSUPDATE.exe

Comodo isn't blocking it as I currently don't have it installed. I did a clean install due to some problems. Also where is the SAS_Startup.exe located?

Are you running the latest version of SAS V4.32.1000? If not, please update to the latest version and see if that corrects the problem. If not, submitting a Customer Service Request is probably the best route. The SAS gurus will assist you in solving the issue.

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

You can forget about SAS_Startup.exe. It is apparently part of the special start option of SAS and is not present during normal ops.

Yep I have the latest. I just contacted customer support a month ago and didn't want to contact them again if I could avoid it. I guess that's probably the best option. Thanks!

Yep I have the latest. I just contacted customer support a month ago and didn't want to contact them again if I could avoid it. I guess that's probably the best option. Thanks!

We always repond promptly and are happy to help - that's why we have customer service :) Tell them the registration code (don't post it here) and we can check out why you are having the problem. Also make sure you are running 4.32 as we have corrected some issues on registration that happened rarely (but might be happening to you!).

I do have the same issue, but it's diferent. It starts the Pro version with Lifetime subscription, but when scan finishes and starts cleaning it reverts to trial expired. Then I close SAS and run again, and it starts again as lifetime subscription, and it can clean. It seems there's some problem with SAS, sometimes it forgets the registration info. I'm working under Windows 7 x64. I already followed the suggestion on FAQ, but no luck.

I just contacted them last night so hopefully it gets resolved. I'm also getting a memory check as I'm posting three months later(Heavens knows why I'm replying now???). This is a little late, but merry Christmas. Thanks!

This is the same problem that I am having with 64bit Win7 Ultimate. I had an earlier version of SAS, so (following the advice above), uninstalled SAS & reinstalled the current down loaded version. I reentered my reg. number & SAS returned a msg that the trial period had expired. Have yet to reboot & see what happens.

As a side note, I am also using Comodo Firewall. I checked Comodo & it does not appear to be blocking any SAS executables.

MLStrand56