JerryM

Scan w SAS when using KIS

With the conflicts between SAS and KIS if I had an infection and wanted to run a scan with SAS could I do that without uninstalling KIS? How about Safe Mode?

Thanks,

Jerry

Many thanks, siliconman01.

I thought there had to be a way to do it. I sure do wish KIS and SAS Pro did not conflict.

Regards,

Jerry

Many thanks, siliconman01.

I thought there had to be a way to do it. I sure do wish KIS and SAS Pro did not conflict.

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry - you have submitted many threads now with all these supposed conflicts - there are NO conflicts with KIS, Avira or any other product that have been identified and verified - many other vendors simply blame every other product to get them off the machine or "pass the buck" - there are no conflicts or slowdowns with any of the software you are reporting using.

Using Avira with SAS I did not find any conflict, although Avira said there was. Maybe I got that from the Avira forum, but not sure.

The only way I am sure that there is some conflict with KIS is that when I install either KIS or SAS there is a system freeze. It does not experience the same with F-Secure IS which I was using until a few day ago.

I am just a user, and not too sharp with computers. Accordingly I try to find out what the makers like KIS or whatever I am using say about conflicts. After that I see what I experience when I run them together.

If I have problems with one AV #1 and SAS, but not AV #2 then why can I not conclude there is some conflict between AV #1 and SAS?

What I wish is that reasonable actions be taken to resolve the problem.

I know you are interested in such, but maybe Kaspersky is not.

Tomorrow I am going to reinstall SAS Pro on my laptop, which experienced the freezing, and see if it exist when I have KIS installed first. If all is OK then I will do the same on my main machine.

I'll post here the results.

Regards,

Jerry

This AM I installed SAS Pro again. My system is running KIS 2010, Win Patrol Pro, and MBAM real time.

Except for a warning when the installer kicked in all went well with the installation, and KIS did not make any warnings. For the first three restarts the SAS icon did not appear in the tray, but it smoothed out, and all is well now. SAS updated to the latest version without incident.

So I did not have the same problem I did before, and must conclude that there are no conflicts with KIS at this point. I am very pleased that it is the case.

Question: I now am running both SAS and MBAM in real time. If there is an attempted penetration by malware will there be a conflict between the two programs as might be the case with two AVs? It might be better to use one real time and the other for on-demand scans. I have never had a problem running both together, but never had an attempted penetration.Thanks for the help.

On the 2010 list of KIS incompatible programs that will be deleted is SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition 4.26.0.1002.

I am going to post my experience on that forum. Probably won't accomplish anything, but worth letting others know.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/home/i ... 208280127/

If I have problems with SAS I will report them here.

Regards,

Jerry