robinb9

funny problem with new version on windows 7

I thought it was just my computer but i just installed superantispyware pro on a brand new dell vostro 220 desktop running windows 7 home premium. On the update via my windows 7 home premium everything loaded and installed fine but when you double click on the desktop icon nothing happens. The only way to open the program is double clicking the bug. I even tried it as "run as administrator" same problem.

Once i click on the bug it opens and when i close it and try the desktop icon again, it opens it but it puts it in the task bar and when you click on the taskbar icon you can open it.

On the new computer- exact same thing happened.

This never happened on the other version and I have put it on 7 new computers in the past 3wks.

robin

I'm not seeing the problem you described on my Dell Vostro 220s with Win 7 x32 Professional or my Dell XPS 410 with Win 7 x64 Professional. SAS PRO V4.32.1000 was a clean install after running SASUNINST.exe on both systems.

- If SAS PRO is already running (bug in Notification Tray) and I double click on SAS desktop icon, the SAS main window opens as it should.

- If SAS PRO is not running and I double click on SAS desktop icon, the SAS bug appears in the Notification Tray, but the window does not open.

- If SAS PRO is already running, the SAS Window opens if I double click on the Notification Tray SAS bug.

All of the above are the way it has always been on my systems.

I'm not seeing the problem you described on my Dell Vostro 220s with Win 7 x32 Professional or my Dell XPS 410 with Win 7 x64 Professional. SAS PRO V4.32.1000 was a clean install after running SASUNINST.exe on both systems.

- If SAS PRO is already running (bug in Notification Tray) and I double click on SAS desktop icon, the SAS main window opens as it should.

the bug opens the program with no problems at all

- If SAS PRO is not running and I double click on SAS desktop icon, the SAS bug appears in the Notification Tray, but the window does not open.

What do you mean by running? I have sas pro running in real time all the time

- If SAS PRO is already running, the SAS Window opens if I double click on the Notification Tray SAS bug.

Yes but i did not say it is not opening when clicking the bug- it is not opening when clicking on the desktop icon only

All of the above are the way it has always been on my systems.

What do you mean by running? I have sas pro running in real time all the time

I do too. For this, I mean first manually close down SAS PRO by right-click on Notification Tray icon and Exit.