siliconman01

Pre-Rel V4.32.1000 Install/Running fine on Win 7 x86/x64

SAS PRO Pre-Release V4.32.1000 installed and appears to be running fine on Windows 7 x86 and x64 Professional. Complete scans ran well as expected.

Still not fully compatible with x64 systems because of drivers and failure to scan total 64-bit registry. :cry:

it is not pre anymore, I just saw it come though my updater

but it would be interesting to know after this one installs- when the next one comes up will you still have to do the upgrades through "Run as an Administrator"

robin

so do we still get the driver errors on win7 64bit?

im debating on whether or not to install SAS pro again or if i should wait for a full 64bit compliant version(including drivers).

so do we still get the driver errors on win7 64bit?

im debating on whether or not to install SAS pro again or if i should wait for a full 64bit compliant version(including drivers).

Yes, the drivers stilldo not load on x64 systems....thus the Event Viewer errors still log. HOWEVER, this does not prevent you from running SAS PRO quite successfully on x64 systems. It will scan and detect malicious items just fine. It does not scan the x64 portion of the registry when doing the registry scan, but it does scan all files on your drives. You can also use the real-time protection. JMO, I recommend that you go ahead and install/use SAS PRO. I've been running it on Vista x64 and Win 7 x64 for over a year with no problems...recognizing the imposed limitations of not being fully x64 bit compatible.

- First Chance scanning does not work

- Only the 32-bit part of the registry is scanned

- During scanning, I don't thing Kernel Direct File Access, Kernel Direct Registry Access, and Direct Disk Access are used, but these are optimization components to speed up scanning

- Right click scanning of files and folders is not available because it does not use the x64 default Windows Explorer

- Application Protection (on the Hi-Jack Protection tab) does not work...this is SAS's self protection component.

- Items in the Repair tab are not functional because they are not converted yet for x64 systems.