promytius

frequently reported error - does it matter?

I keep finding this error message in my security logs (WIN7 pro):

"Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASENUM.SYS"

Does this indicate a problem? Should I be concerned?

Thanks.

This issue is not negatively affecting the performance of your computer or SAS. It just indicates that the SASENUM.SYS driver is not properly signed by SAS. It is safe to run however. This issue has been around for a long, long time. It has been reported to SuperAntiSpyware numerous times with no corrective action released...for some reason.

This issue is not negatively affecting the performance of your computer or SAS. It just indicates that the SASENUM.SYS driver is not properly signed by SAS. It is safe to run however. This issue has been around for a long, long time. It has been reported to SuperAntiSpyware numerous times with no corrective action released...for some reason.

That driver should be signed - we are doing a new release this week, I'll double check that.