JerryM

Conflict AVIRA and SAS?

I found that there have been conflicts with SAS and Avira. Is this still the case or have updates fixed the conflict problems?

Thanks,

Jerry

I have never encountered a conflict issue with Avira Premium Security Suite/SAS on Vista x86, Vista x64, Windows 7 x86 or Windows 7 x64 with SAS PRO running along side. This spans several years of using SAS PRO.

I found that there have been conflicts with SAS and Avira. Is this still the case or have updates fixed the conflict problems?

Thanks,

Jerry

What is the specific "conflict" you are experiencing?

There were problems with internet access if I remember correctly and here is an answer I got from the Avira forum today.

"These two programs will create some conflicts, because they both come with a real time scanner."

My own problem was when SAS Pro started the system froze for 2 or so minutes. I decided to start it with Windows. The first time I started the system the desktop did not load and the system just sat there until I shut off power. It worked OK the next start, but the following start did the same thing.

As a result I uninstalled SAS.

I have installed SAS Pro again yesterday and it has not done that again. My AV running with it is Avira Premium. Avira recommends that SAS not be used with it, but did not find the details that I saw the other day.

On my desktop I am using F-Secure IS and SAS Pro is doing OK.

Regards,

Jerry

There were problems with internet access if I remember correctly and here is an answer I got from the Avira forum today.

"These two programs will create some conflicts, because they both come with a real time scanner."

My own problem was when SAS Pro started the system froze for 2 or so minutes. I decided to start it with Windows. The first time I started the system the desktop did not load and the system just sat there until I shut off power. It worked OK the next start, but the following start did the same thing.

As a result I uninstalled SAS.

I have installed SAS Pro again yesterday and it has not done that again. My AV running with it is Avira Premium. Avira recommends that SAS not be used with it, but did not find the details that I saw the other day.

On my desktop I am using F-Secure IS and SAS Pro is doing OK.

Regards,

Jerry

Avira is providing you false information. There are no conflicts with SUPERAntiSpyware's real-time at all. If you were having slower start up times, that means you were using a version prior to 4.31 of SUPERAntiSpyware - make sure you have the latest and it will be fast!

I had updated when the change was available for the update. As of now all is well, and hopefully there won't be a conflict. Although it did not make sense to me here is the information from their knowledge base.

http://www.avira.com/en/support/kbdetails.php?id=541

Subject

Side-effects with the software "Super Antispyware"

Description

If you use the software "Super Antispyware" and install AntiVir WebGuard, you may have problems with your Internet access.

The access to Internet websites is slowed down considerably, due to the combination of the two modules, and it can even lead to blocking.

Thus we recommend uninstalling this software and having trust in AntiVir's Adware and Spyware detection, so that your Internet traffic and WebGuard would work normally.

Thanks, and have a Blessed Christmas,

Jerry

Subject

Side-effects with the software "Super Antispyware"

Description

If you use the software "Super Antispyware" and install AntiVir WebGuard, you may have problems with your Internet access.

The access to Internet websites is slowed down considerably, due to the combination of the two modules, and it can even lead to blocking.

Thus we recommend uninstalling this software and having trust in AntiVir's Adware and Spyware detection, so that your Internet traffic and WebGuard would work normally.

Other than checking for home page hijack, there is nothing that SAS PRO checks on webpages when you open or surf the internet. The real-time module does not even check for tracking cookies. If you look in the Preferences setting of SAS PRO, there is nothing related to browsers or surfing the internet other than the home page hijack. I'm wondering if this "mis" information isn't coming from SuperAdblocker users which has SAS in it...at least until the next release of SuperAdblocker. On my two Windows 7 systems, I see no evidence that SAS PRO is slowing down IE8 or any thing related to the Internet.

Many thanks to All. I did not experience any slowdown either.

Regards,

Jerry