MDRedwood

Restore from quarantine

I'm not sure if this is a bug or me being stupid:

when I tried to restore archived (quarantined) items, the program first asked me if I am sure, then it asked me if I wanted to delete the restored items from the quarantine, but it doesn't appear to actually restore the items.

Have I missed something?

If I repeat the scan after restoring the quarantine, the items previously detected are now not on the computer.

Regards,

Mike

I'm not sure if this is a bug or me being stupid:

when I tried to restore archived (quarantined) items, the program first asked me if I am sure, then it asked me if I wanted to delete the restored items from the quarantine, but it doesn't appear to actually restore the items.

Have I missed something?

If I repeat the scan after restoring the quarantine, the items previously detected are now not on the computer.

Regards,

Mike

If you restore from the quarantine, it should place the items back on your system - the prompt to delete from the quarantine is designed so you can restore, but leave the items in the quarantine, or restore and remove them from the quarantine.

Thanks for the rapid response. I tried a scan, removed the tracking cookies found, then restored the quarantined items, and then repeated the scan.

The cookies are no longer found.

Why is this? Did I misunderstand how it works?

Regards,

Mike

p.s. I'm using SAS pro, latest definitions and updates, on XP Pro, fully patched.

Thanks for the rapid response. I tried a scan, removed the tracking cookies found, then restored the quarantined items, and then repeated the scan.

The cookies are no longer found.

Why is this? Did I misunderstand how it works?

Regards,

Mike

Sometimes IE won't re-index cookies into the index.dat file properly until you reboot, or sometimes not at all especially if they are expired cookies. As cookies are not required for critical system operation we have not "worried" too much about that. If you do the test with other files and/or registry keys, you will see they are restored and detected again immediately.

Oh. OK, thanks. I'll not worry about it either!

I've (so far) never had anything found other than tracking cookies. I must be lucky (or paranoid-I also have the free version of Ad-Aware, spybot S&D and Windows Defender, although the latter has never found anything on my system).

Great program. Thanks for the rapid support.

Mike

Oh. OK, thanks. I'll not worry about it either!

I've (so far) never had anything found other than tracking cookies. I must be lucky (or paranoid-I also have the free version of Ad-Aware, spybot S&D and Windows Defender, although the latter has never found anything on my system).

Great program. Thanks for the rapid support.

Mike

Mike - no problem. Glad you have not been infected :)