greyowl

Definiton updates

I am considering using SAS Pro and wondering if the definition updates are incremental ie only have to download the ones that you do not have.

I have been using MBAM and each time it has to download the entire data base of definitions. I am on dialup so this takes some time and slows down my computer.

Thanks for your help.

Corrected: SAS Pro's updates are not incremental. Whereas you are on dialup, be sure to check the options for when the updates are performed under Preferences>Update tab and also on Preferences>General tab. You may wish to uncheck all the options that are available as automatic updates so that you can dictate when you sign on the Internet to receive the updates....which are normally released daily.

SAS Pro is very light on memory...approximately 500 kbytes during normal operation.

When you do a scan with SAS, the memory requirements will surge; however, it will drop back to ~500 kbytes once the scan is completed.

In addition to the above, please note that

SUPERAntiSpyware Professional offers a 15-day fully functional free trial. You may try all features unrestricted.

from the page below.

https://www.superantispyware.com/superan ... vspro.html

Take advantage of the trial period to ensure that you like it before buy a license. BTW, a lifetime license for an additional $9.95 is a better deal.

Cannot say how long it will take because it is dependent on your computer, ISP, and other internal factors that only you can guage. There are two files downloaded for a total of ~6 mbytes.

SAS updates, even with Pro version are not incremental, but they are zipped to reduce download size. I wish they start using incremental updates like AV software, or at least switch to 7-Zip over Zip. For some reason I get slow updates with my ISP (the traffic routing to SAS servers looses lots of packages), and incremental updates would be very nice.