Sign in to follow this  
rickh68

Windows 7 32-bit SAS not starting up

I installed SAS on Win 7 32-bit. It starts up automatically just fine if I log in as administrator but if I log in as a user it doesn't start up automatically. I have to go to programs and click on the program. After it asks for administrator password it starts up. I think it's a UAC issue but I don't know how to get around this?

Hi rickh68:

Not sure if this will help or not, you can give it a try, as I have my uac disabled and have not tried this idea with this spicific program.

Using windows explorer, go to the SuperAntiSpyware directory and look for the file called SuperAntiSpyware.exe

Right click on that file and click on properties. Look for the run this program as administrator. It should be under the tab, compatibility, that is where mine is at.

Hope this helps.

sOulbAit

Well I tried what you suggested but that didn't work either. What I ended up doing was changing the account to administator and then reinstalling SuperAntispyware software. I confirmed that SAS would start up automatically when I rebooted. I then changed the account back to standard user and rebooted again. SAS started up automatically. I don't know if this is something to do with the registry but..hell it works. If anyone know how to do this without changing the account type to administrator..that information would be appreciated. As with most people I don't like using an account that has administrative privelages all the time.

SASService,

I downloaded the latest version from your website but the problem isn't getting it to run. The problem was getting it to start when I start Windows. It seems the only way to do this is to install the software with administrator privliges.

It works doing it this way.

Thanks