useport80

Win7 Ultimate 64bit and SAS

hey all,

i've been hearing a lot of people have issues with SAS and win7 64bit. is there an approved/authorized version of SAS that works with win7 64bit?

i recently purchased win7 ult 64bit and a new hard drive. after the fresh os install, i installed SAS and got a slew of errors in the event logs.

I'm having the same problem, although it doesn't seem to be causing me much trouble. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit Professional and it concerns me simply because I'm unsure if SUPRA A/S is working at 100% efficiency because of the reported errors.

The following is a detailed view of the reported problem in XML. This came from Wins Service Control Manager > System

-

-

0x8080000000000000

System

HAL9001

-

SASDIFSV SASKUTIL

In plain English it stated:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load. SASDIFSV & SASKUTIL

I have the same exact issues as you do...Win7 64-bit HP.

I can do the updated definitions with no problem. When I have been notified of the program update, and attempt to do via the pop-up window, Windows tells me I must run the program as administrator. I keep trying to tell it

The only way around this for me is to uninstall and reinstall if there's a program update. My event logs are a real mess, as well.

I love the program and have used SAS for several years, but this is getting to be a real hassle. Not good. I hope there's a fix soon. I just hope the program is as efficient doing it's job as it has been in the past. The scanning operation does not seem to be effected by the other issues. That seems to run smoothly. Version 4.31

Diane P.

Contrary to SAS propaganda, SAS is not ready for Win7 64bit in any way (Regardless of version ult/pro etc.)

It appears that SAS is still a few months away from Beta, let alone RC code for this OS.

So many problems, including failed scans. failed scheduling, failed updates, license key erasure, errononeous messages about updates, license issues, disasters in the logs and the requirement that EVERYTHING SAS be run as "administrator" concludes that this app is not Window 7 complaint in any way - the problem is that not enough Windows 7 64 Bit users are in the wild yet for SAS to be bothered to solve the problems.

Win7 Home Premium (SAS Pro; Expertise level = zero)

The first time I scanned I selected C:\ and Quick Scan... 9.5 hours later SAS was still beavering away, and much screwing up of eyes suggested that it was scanning the same files over and over again so I abandoned the scan. That was a week or so ago, today I've had another go and am currently on nearly 5 hours.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't select a specific drive AND Quick, will try that.

In the meantime, I do get "must be run as administrator" when trying to update via the popup notification, but I can open the SAS program and update from there.

clemenzina

funny, I am running sas pro on windows 7 home premium 32bit, it runs fine but when upgrading to a newer version i get the "run as administrator msg too. Also on the past version to upgrade to 4.31.1000 in Vista home premium All my 22 clients that are running vista (regardless of the version, are all getting the "run as administrator only" popup when trying to upgrade to the latest version. NONE of them had this problem with prior versions. Again, the program is doing scheduled scans and no error msgs in event viewer except for when it tried to do this particular upgrade. I am wondering if it has something to do with the prior version at least in Vista. I have 7 clients on windows 7 home premium and all are getting this message. They downloaded the prior version from superantispyware's web site and that is all they had since they are brand new clients on brand new computers. the only error msgs in event viewer are exactly at the same time when it is trying to upgrade. It must seem from your posts that it is doing this part- (the run as administrator part) the same as in vista/windows 7 32bit also. I cannot certify for the rest of your problems in 64bit.

I really like this program, it does exactly what it is suppose to do. I know they are working real hard to figure out why it is doing this in both 32 bit and 64bit.

robin