thebigeast

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Nullo - is this a false positive?

Scan below:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 11/17/2009 at 08:54 PM

Application Version : 4.30.1004

Core Rules Database Version : 4284

Trace Rules Database Version: 2159

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:39:37

Memory items scanned : 510

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 6733

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 30674

File threats detected : 4

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Nullo[short]

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{0ACD1FCD-6804-40AD-AB50-CBEE75A4901E}\RP174\A0027747.EXE

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{0ACD1FCD-6804-40AD-AB50-CBEE75A4901E}\RP174\A0027748.EXE

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{0ACD1FCD-6804-40AD-AB50-CBEE75A4901E}\RP229\A0035642.EXE

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{0ACD1FCD-6804-40AD-AB50-CBEE75A4901E}\RP256\A0039861.EXE

Thanks for your help!

Nope, those are files with specific characteristics that are no longer valid on your system (not needed and were/are threats).

Thanks for the reply. I decided to run a host of other antispyware/antivirus apps to see if they would find the same thing:

Spybot

Ad-Aware

Malwarebytes

ESET - paid AV/AS - one of the best out there.

None of the other apps turned up anything. Does that surprise you? Is there something SUPERAntiSpyware looks for that the others do not? Before I quarantine the items that SUPER found, I'd like to know your thoughts. Thanks!

Is there something SUPERAntiSpyware looks for that the others do not?

Different antimalware applications will find different infections.

It would be a good idea to purge the restore points and create a new one (just disable System Restore, then Enable it).

Thanks for the reply. I decided to run a host of other antispyware/antivirus apps to see if they would find the same thing:

Spybot

Ad-Aware

Malwarebytes

ESET - paid AV/AS - one of the best out there.

None of the other apps turned up anything. Does that surprise you? Is there something SUPERAntiSpyware looks for that the others do not? Before I quarantine the items that SUPER found, I'd like to know your thoughts. Thanks!

It does not surprise me at all - each product often finds things the other products don't - it's just the nature of the "game"