Nightcap

Product Release History page shows every time I boot

Yesterday I installed the latest SAS version 4.30.1004. Now every time I reboot my computer the "Product Release History for SUPERAntiSpyware" Internet page automatically gets loaded. This becomes quite annoying after a while. I checked the registry to see if I could find a key related to this, but I didn't succeed. Can someone tell me how to turn this off or correct this problem?

I'm on Vista x64 SP2 with an Intel Core i7 920. This behavior definitely didn't happen with the previous SAS version!

Yesterday I installed the latest SAS version 4.30.1004. Now every time I reboot my computer the "Product Release History for SUPERAntiSpyware" Internet page automatically gets loaded. This becomes quite annoying after a while. I checked the registry to see if I could find a key related to this, but I didn't succeed. Can someone tell me how to turn this off or correct this problem?

I'm on Vista x64 SP2 with an Intel Core i7 920. This behavior definitely didn't happen with the previous SAS version!

Try uninstalling and re-installing, something may be corrupted.

Thanks Nick, I tried that and it didn't resolve the issue. A manual update took care of it. It's not the most elegant way, but at least I did get rid of the Product Release History page when I boot.

BTW The install of the latest SAS version went without problems on my other PC, a Vista x32 system. So I guess it has to be something 64-bit related.

I had exactly the same annoying problem on my Windows 7 (64-bit) system, with the web page popping up when SuperAntiSpyware started. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program seems to have fixed it.

The automatic download of SAS v4.31.1000 today, seems to have solved the problem with the page popping up when I boot. I do have to report another flaw however. After the install and a reboot (not necessary, I just wanted to see what would happen) the message box asking if I wanted to see what has changed with this update showed again, the same one that shows right after the install, and I had to check the "never show this again" option to get rid of it after my third boot.

For computer specs see my original post.

Thanks Nightcap.

I read your posts and I after uninstall and re-install I still have the same problem on both my computers running windows 7 32 bit.

I could do it again, I suppose, but you'd think the programmers would find a solution and correct it.

I have a forum where I highly recommended everyone have SAS installed.

I don't want to be explaining to them how and why they should have to continue re installing this program.

Seems almost like a Trojan Loader to me.

Also posted in my thread started 19th

Thanks Nightcap.

I read your posts and I after uninstall and re-install I still have the same problem on both my computers running windows 7 32 bit.

I could do it again, I suppose, but you'd think the programmers would find a solution and correct it.

I have a forum where I highly recommended everyone have SAS installed.

I don't want to be explaining to them how and why they should have to continue re installing this program.

Seems almost like a Trojan Loader to me.

Also posted in my thread started 19th

SUPERAntiSpyware is in no way a "Trojan Loader". The web page simply shows what has changed in the updated version.

Wouldn't you know that there was an update yesterday just after I posted and now the browser doesn't launch.

I was a bit upset that there didn't appear to be a solution and thought no one was working on the problem.

But now I am happy! {|:< ) ~~~

Thank you SAS.

I am getting this too, Win7 professional 32bit and IE8, it's quite annoying. I launched a trouble ticket.

Simply re-install and you'll be all set.