anonymous_user

Bootsafe didnt work

Hi everyone,

I tried using a bi-product installed with sas called bootsafe.

I tried booting with bootsafe minimal and networking but neither of them worked for me

It did make me reboot which was normal but after reboot it didn't enter safe mode.

Just did its normal thing.

I had to do it manually by pushing and holding F8 before windows logo to get into safe mode.

Im using Vista 32bit

Thought id let the community know

Personally i reckon this bi-program should be removed from sas because its not very useful, well to me. But one day i decided to try it and yeah this problem presented itself, But perhaps there are people out there that use this so i decided to let the creators know.

Remember i tried this about a month ago but didn't discover this forum till a couple of weeks ago.

So not sure if this problems has been discovered and/or patched by now.

But i was unable to find another thread regarding this.

Thankyou

Cheers

Hello.

I've been using using SAS and installing it on my customer's computers for about three years, and I've never had a need to use Bootsafe. As much as I love the product, I too am confused as to why the feature even exists.

If you type in Bootsafe into the forum's Search, you'll see some threads in regards to the subject.

BootSafe doesn't support Windows Vista (different format of booting to safe mode).

Nick,

Any plans to gray out BootSafe and First Chance in Vista / Windows 7 ?

Although you might get a lot of posts as to why it's grayed out. Perhaps a small note beside the above functions which states, "Not applicable to Vista or Window's 7".

BootSafe doesn't support Windows Vista (different format of booting to safe mode).

Nick,

Any plans to gray out BootSafe and First Chance in Vista / Windows 7 ?

Although you might get a lot of posts as to why it's grayed out. Perhaps a small note beside the above functions which states, "Not applicable to Vista or Window's 7".

We will be updating both :)

We will be updating both :)

I just downloaded 4.35.1000 and it still isn't updated this bootsafe feature, a pity, could be very useful as pressing F8 on the right moment does not always work! I use Windows 7 HomeP 32

Regards, Teunis

I just downloaded 4.35.1000 and it still isn't updated this bootsafe feature, a pity, could be very useful as pressing F8 on the right moment does not always work! I use Windows 7 HomeP 32

Regards, Teunis

My copy of Bootsafe.exe has an expired certificate. I downloaded a fresh copy from

http://www.superadblocker.com/bootsafe.html

...and it also has an invalid/expired certificate. Is there a currently certified version?

Thanks.

BootSafe isn't updated to support Windows 7 as of yet.

I understand, but for users of other operating systems, it still doesn't seem right to distribute a file with an invalid/expired certificate. This is security software after all. Will you be updating the certificate for the existing product?

Thanks.