Sign in to follow this  
sOulbAit

User Account Control (UAC)

I have intalled SUPERAdBlocker 5.0 on both of my computers: (Laptop and Desktop) Both computers are almost the same. Running Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8, the main diffrence is the Desktop is 64 bit and the laptop is not.

I was having a problem with my Laptop not showing any cookies in the left panel of the cookies cleaning tap. I could go to the same sites as the desktop and the desktop would pick up about 8 cookies from the msn.com site. The laptop would not pick up any.

After doing a few test, I found out that on my desktop I had the UAC disabled and on my laptop it was still active. I turned off the (UAC) on my laptop and all is working great now.

I guess if you are running your UAC, you need to run SUPERAdBlocker in Administrative mode.

This is just a little info in case anyone else has this same problem that I had.

Will post another little problem I am having in another post.

Thanks again guys, yall are great.

sOulbAit

When I work on a Vista system I always ask the customer if they want the UAC disabled. The resounding answer is always, "Yes, please get rid of that annoying message".

I've installed SAS Pro with lifetime on about 350 XP systems, and 150 Vista systems. Of the Vista systems with the UAC off, I've only had one in which SAS wouldn't update. It turned out to be some very odd Vista corruption that was causing the problem.