Sennat

Pre-release and IE8, Windows 7 (64-bit)

I loaded the long-awaited new SAB beta. I have Windows 7 x64 and IE 8. I had been running IE 8 on Win XP, and had the known problem when following a link using Ctl/left click that the new page would pop a new window rather than just a new tab.

After loading Windows 7 I didn't reload the SAB 4.6, and the IE 8 behavior was proper - a Ctl/click would open the new web page in a new tab. After loading the new SAB I'm back to the new window instead of a new tab. I was really hoping that this would be fixed.

Is this a known bug, or is there a workaround?

Sennat

I loaded the long-awaited new SAB beta. I have Windows 7 x64 and IE 8. I had been running IE 8 on Win XP, and had the known problem when following a link using Ctl/left click that the new page would pop a new window rather than just a new tab.

After loading Windows 7 I didn't reload the SAB 4.6, and the IE 8 behavior was proper - a Ctl/click would open the new web page in a new tab. After loading the new SAB I'm back to the new window instead of a new tab. I was really hoping that this would be fixed.

Is this a known bug, or is there a workaround?

Sennat

It may be a 64-bit issue, we'll look into it, thanks for testing!

Thanks, 1016 appears to have fixed this problem (now opens in a new tab instead of a new window)!

I did notice another phenomenon, maybe not a problem ... My PC with Windows 7 x64 is set up for two users. After using the uninstall tool, and installing 1016, the second user didn't have SAB running. I could start it manually no problem, then I had to re-enter the license key. The surprise is that the second user required a second licensing pass. It did accept the same license. Again, not a big issue.

Thanks again for the fast fix in 1016.

Sennat

Thanks, 1016 appears to have fixed this problem (now opens in a new tab instead of a new window)!

I did notice another phenomenon, maybe not a problem ... My PC with Windows 7 x64 is set up for two users. After using the uninstall tool, and installing 1016, the second user didn't have SAB running. I could start it manually no problem, then I had to re-enter the license key. The surprise is that the second user required a second licensing pass. It did accept the same license. Again, not a big issue.

Thanks again for the fast fix in 1016.

Sennat

We'll check that out! Thank you for testing!