Sign in to follow this  
TonyDee

How to delete a license

Hi,

I'm a computer tech and SAS reseller.

I'm working on a customer's new laptop. I installed SAS Pro Lifetime on this new laptop the other day. Then I realized that he already had a license which he purchased from me on his desktop. I installed it about a year ago. That license is good for two machines.

How do I get the license that I installed on this laptop off so that I can install the license that he previously purchased from me on the new laptop? He doesn't need to purchase the additional license and I can use the license I put on his laptop for another customer.

thanks

Hi TonyDee:

Here is how I remove a license when I want to put it on a new computer and take it off the one I am giveing away.

Open your control panel: Under the control panel, click on Prefernces, then click on help, then you will see: Transfer Product License. When you click on it, that will remove the license from your product and credit it back to the original account.

Then to reregister with the other license just enter the new number for the registration process.

Hope this helps.

sOulbAit

Thanks - I did go to Preferences and clicked on TRANSFER. It still shows that the product is license with the code that I put in a couple of days ago. I need to clear that license out and use the license that was purchased last year.

Hi Tony.

Did it actually say the license was transferred successfully? if so, the license should not appear, and when you right click on the SAS icon you should see "Register/Activate...etc".

After the transfer, did you close SAS and re-open it to see if the license was gone? You normally don't have to do that, but it's worth a shot.

If all else fails, I would just let him use the new license on his laptop, then use the original key for another customer.

Thank you. It did say the license was transferred, but it still had the license in there and the Register/Activate wasn't showing.

While working on the machine it rebooted and it now shows up as a Trial Version and the Register/Activate button is available. I don't know if restarting or quiting out resolved it, but life is good again.