frise91

SuperAntiSpyware Professional Updates

Hi everyone,

I've just found this forum, although I've been running the professional version of SuperAntiSpyware for many months on a Vista system. I just did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and am encountering problems with database updates.

When the SuperAntiSpyware Update pops up in the system tray, it shows the option to Download and Install the Updates Now. When I click on this, however, I receive an error that update must be run from an account with administrative privileges. Then when I attempt to manually update through the SuperSpyware menu, it tells me that database definitions are up to date.

My questions are:

1. How do I get the pop-up to recognize that I'm running from an account with admin privileges?

2. How do I know whether there are database updates? In other words, is the pop-up erroneous?

I didn't find a similar issue posted here, but if I've missed it, please point me to the correct thread. TIA to whomever might be able to assist me.

Frise91

Hi Frise.

Try this:

1. Right-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon (the yellow/brown bug) in the system tray (near the Windows system clock) and select "Exit."

2. Right-click on the SUPERAntiSpyware icon on your desktop, and select "Run as administrator."

3. Close the SUPERAntiSpyware main menu when it opens.

4. Right-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon in the system tray again, and select "Check for Updates."

5. After the updates are installed, restart Windows.

The latest core and database is listed here: https://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=GO ... NTISPYWARE

Your current version is listed when you hover your pointer over the SAS icon beside the time, or on the main screen when you double click that icon.

I've noticed that this happens semi-randomly on a variety of machines, and re-installing SAS can 'fix' it (though the jury may be out on whether or not this is something to be 'fixed' per se).

Same goes for when an update is attempted and the downloader silently fails to download the update. Not sure what causes it, but re-installing SAS takes care of the problem.