Sign in to follow this  
bluecrow

Windows 7 Blames SAS for Failure to Install

I am trying to install Windows 7 Home Premium. Each time I try the process it eventually aborts and says I have to uninstall SAS. I have uninstalled SAS. I have deleted every key that mentions it from my registry. I have run SAS Uninstall. And I have rebooted the computer each time, but Windows 7 still complains that SAS must be uninstalled before it can proceed. Can someone please tell me what could be left on my computer that WIndows thinks is SAS and how to remove it? Thank you, :-)

Blue Crow

I am trying to install Windows 7 Home Premium. Each time I try the process it eventually aborts and says I have to uninstall SAS. I have uninstalled SAS. I have deleted every key that mentions it from my registry. I have run SAS Uninstall. And I have rebooted the computer each time, but Windows 7 still complains that SAS must be uninstalled before it can proceed. Can someone please tell me what could be left on my computer that WIndows thinks is SAS and how to remove it? Thank you, :-)

Blue Crow

Blue Crow,

it is recommended to do a Complete clean install of Windows 7. If your trying to upgrade from XP or Vista that can be a problem, you can do a complete wipe of the hard drive and installing the Windows Upgrade with out a problem. This is the only way you should do it.