ch43racing

SAS now incompatible with KIS?

KIS automatically uninstalled my SAS Pro today while doing the KIS update. It would not install w/o 1st doing the uninstall.

I reinstalled SAS Pro and ran a scan. Everything is fine. Seems that Kaspersky is flagging some programs and insists on the uinstall.

KIS automatically uninstalled my SAS Pro today while doing the KIS update. It would not install w/o 1st doing the uninstall.

I reinstalled SAS Pro and ran a scan. Everything is fine. Seems that Kaspersky is flagging some programs and insists on the uinstall.

I am sorry but why us KIS if they will do that without your permission? They should at least ask or give you the option of uninstalling. I say dump them and go with http://free.avg.com.

That is just my thoughts!! I don't like programs that uninstall other programs without at least giving your an option of "yes or NO".

There are NO issues with KIS and SUPERAntiSpyware, we are investigating what KIS is doing and have been in contact with them.

If upgrading KIS I would uninstall Superantispyware, install KIS, and then re-install Superantispyware. I used to do this with Spybot. I hope they remove it from the list though as I bought a lifetime Pro license. :?

Apparently the only security software that doesn't get uninstalled is malwarebytes......

Agreed.

Welcome to Capitalism gone awry.

I installed KIS 2010 today, and it uninstalled SAS. When all is finished and updated I intend to reinstall SAS Pro.

As previously stated KIS did not uninstall MBAM.

I tried to reinstall and update SAS Pro, but the system froze on the update. It had previously frozen when trying to update KIS.

I decided to go back to Avira and PC Tools firewall. Evidently KIS doesn't get along with anything or at least almost anything.

Regards,

Jerry

I installed KIS 2010 today, and it uninstalled SAS. When all is finished and updated I intend to reinstall SAS Pro.

As previously stated KIS did not uninstall MBAM.

I tried to reinstall and update SAS Pro, but the system froze on the update. It had previously frozen when trying to update KIS.

I decided to go back to Avira and PC Tools firewall. Evidently KIS doesn't get along with anything or at least almost anything.

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry - THERE ARE NO CONFLICTS. KIS IS INCORRECTLY REPORTING THIS. We are trying to get in contact with KIS as they are damaging our business with these false claims.

I really hope that you are successful.

I did have KIS on my systems a few months ago and ran SAS Pro alongside it. It did not give me any problem then so I can't imagine what the problem is.

SAS is too good a security program to not use.

Maybe I should give it another try with KIS installed and see if KIS objects.

Best,

Jerry