jaydee

Blue screen error when booting after installing SAS

I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3. I just purchased SAS and after installing it I turned on First Chance Prevention. Now I can't boot in to Windows. The very next time I started the computer I got the following blue screen error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP 0x0000000A (0xe1b43008, 0x000000ff, 0x00000001, 0x80610028)

I tried booting in to Safe mode but got another, different blue screen error:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP 0x00000050 (I can't remember what the parameters are)

I did a Windows XP Repair install and now I get the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error when booting normally AND in to safe mode. I am able to boot in to the Windows Recovery Console but that's all. The blue screen error occurs just after the black Windows XP loading screen first displays. I have tested the hard drive and memory and they both pass with no errors. I haven't installed anything recently besides SAS and I tried removing all my peripherals except the cpu, memory, and main hard drive but nothing has solved the problem.

Has anyone else encountered this type of problem? Could this be caused by the First Chance Prevention? How is the First Chance Prevention implemented? Does it install any drivers or something like that? Is there a way to disable First Chance Prevention via the Windows Recovery Console?

FYI, I submitted a support ticket/request but thought I would post on the forums too and see if any other users have encountered a similar problem.

Thanks!